Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011

My 365...

Twenty six years ago today, San Antonio Texas was thawing from a record 14 inches of snow, practically unheard of phenomenon in South Central Texas. Twenty six years ago today, at the ripe age of almost 24, I was getting married.

So many jokes that day. "There is snow in Texas, hell has frozen over, Veronica is getting married." Another one, "It is ground hog's day, wonder if Jack will see his shadow and run away?" Well world, Veronica did get married, and if Jack did see his shadow, he showed up at the church anyway.

It has been a very crazy 26 years. We were blessed with five amazing children, and one grandchild. We have experienced many highs and lows, and did spend a few years apart, but here we are still together and attempting to navigate through this thing called life.

Jack is a very simple man, where I can be complicated as hell. Maybe that is the delicate balance that makes it work? He makes me crazy, and we have absolutely nothing in common, but I do love him. He is the father of my children and he has always done his very best to take care of all of us. I am sure we will be married until death do us part, I always knew that would be the case. If he can deal with my intensity, and I with his simplicity I think we can make it work another 26 years, good Lord willing.

I don't think we will ever really understand each other, but at this point, that is not such a bad thing.  :)

And for my photo of the day...

A bit of randomness.  :)

"My birthday wish for myself today, knowledge.  So much more to learn about life and about myself."





Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors