Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012


The calm after the storm...that is today.  We had quite the wind storm yesterday, and even lost power for a short time.  It would have been a much longer time with no power had Casey not checked the circuit box.  Seems the storm tripped the circuits which resulted in a blackout.  We would have sat around all night waiting for the power company to rescue us.  Silly us.  LOL :)

We did have a wonderful little party to celebrate Jack's birthday all coordinated by Garrett.  I have the greatest sons in the world.  "But you say that all the time Veronica!"  Yep, because it is true!

The company was perfect, the food delicious, and the mood happy.  It would have been absolutely perfect if Brandon and Cooper could have joined us.

After dinner I grabbed Jack's cellphone and made him call his sister.  Bless her heart, she has been wanting to talk to Jack for months, but he is so stubborn about such things.  Short of dial the number myself, I said "Call...NOW!"  He was happy he did, and enjoyed a nice phone visit with her.

Jack has a great family.  They have been through some difficult times, but are good people.  Jack tends to be very much on the outside of things.  I have tried to get him more involved with them, but after years and years of trying...I gave up.  Family is precious.  If you are blessed enough to have one, you should never take that for granted.  I think he is learning.  Slowly but surely he will get there.

Blake has ordered a nice and easy day for today.  The boys are so happy to have a school break.  The weather is still a bit chilly and damp for a bike ride today, so I think we will spend a nice quiet day indoors.  Current temperature 54 degrees and light rain.

Blake has even chosen the music for the day...the Soundtrack from the video game Fallout 3.  My boys love the oldies.  Grandpa would be proud.

Hope your day has been a nice quiet peaceful one.

My photos of the day...

Mango face!  He just enjoyed a nice juicy mango for breakfast...can you tell?
Relaxation day!  You don't even have to match your socks.
 The roses did not do so well in the storm.  :*(
 "Smile Miss Lilly?"
 "Why?  You have cheese?"
*Update* 

Surprise visitors today, son Brandon and grandson Cooper!!
"Yummy, I found grandma's granola stash!" 

"Nom nom nom granola." 
Oh my goodness this precious little boy makes my heart sing!  

"I love you Cooper!!!"

At one point the my boys were sitting around Cooper watching him count.  He has some amazing counting skills for a 17 month old.  Brothers sitting together in awe of their little nephew made my heart melt.  Goodness I love my boys.  :)



I always dreamed of how amazing it would be to have three generations of my family in the same room...and here we are.  Wow, we are so blessed.  <3


***Doggy Daily***
"Give me a kiss Blake."
 "Slurppp!"
 "Eewww dog cooties!"
 "You know you love me."


Music I am listening to today...Roy Brown  (Music selected by Blake and Casey)



Random Link of the Day...Cookie!
Until next time..."I am in love with cities I have not been to and people I have not met...yet."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors