Sunday, June 10, 2012

June 10, 2012

My 365...

Today I decided I wanted to try a long bike ride to Eagle Island State Park.  The boys thought it would be fun, so we set out on our longest adventure yet!

I checked Google maps to get the best biking route, and as per Google, total trip length 24 miles.  Cool.

WRONG!

At one point of our journey we hit a dead end with a no trespassing sign.  We had to backtrack 7 extra miles, but it was through some beautiful farm land so we did not mind.

I almost had a head on collision with a mallard that decided to take flight just as I passed him, a deer who decided to jump across the highway just as I passed.  Then on the way home, another dear deer tried to cut me off. LOL :)

We made it though, and the boys had a great time swimming.  Thank goodness I brought a change of clothes.

Blake pooped out on the way home at 22 miles, so we stopped for an apple break, and I tied his bike to mine and gave him a 4 mile tow.  His bike was getting heavier and heaver, and we realized he had a flat tire.  Daddy has everything BUT a bike pump in that pack back of his, so we had to call Garrett and Kori to come rescue Blake.

Jack, Casey and I continued home on our bikes, and made it home just after sunset.  Total trip, 33.34 miles.

It was AWESOME!!

My photos of the day...

Fueling up for the day.
Ready to ride.
Casey, the navigator.

















This deer almost ran me over crossing the highway!

Beautiful horse.
We made it!



Apple break...time to hitch a ride with mama.
Waiting for his ride home.

Trying to beat the sunset.
The end. :)


***Doggy Daily***
"That is way too many miles for me to ride mama."
 "May the force be with you."
Music I am listening to today...none.  :)

Random Link of the Day...Eagle Island State Park

Until next time...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors