Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17, 2012


On this special day of the year, we honor fathers.  As I paused to write this, I felt lost for words.  And this is not because I have nothing to say....rather it is because I have so much to say, that I do not know where to begin.

Dear Daddy,

When I think of you, every emotion strikes me at once.  Fierce love, a little fear, regret, anger, confusion, laughter, warmth.  All those feelings are strong, but they are superseded 100 fold by the emotion of sadness because I miss you.

You were such a big tall strong man, a force to be reckoned with, but the truth of YOU was sensitive, introspective...protective. You loved mom, my sisters and I so much.  Your actions confused me at times.   I spent many years hating them, but I never hated you.

As I have gotten older, I have come to the realization that you did the best you could with what you knew.  The truth of the matter is that you were a good father.  You provided for us, you protected us, and you were always very proud of us.

Because of you, I am the person that I am today.  Because of you I am strong, independent, fiercely protective, and know what I want out of life.  I have no fear.  Above all, I love my family more than anything on this planet.  You did that for me daddy.  I am the woman I am today because of the father I had in you.  I will always be thankful that I was blessed by having a father like you.

Happy Father's Day.
Thank you for showing me strength.
Thank you for teaching me how to jump...then build my wings on the way down.
Thank you for teaching me how to fish.
Thank you for having faith in me.
Thank you for loving my mother.
Thank you for loving me.  <3

To my husband Jack, "Happy Father's Day" honey.
I see your success as a father in the men our sons have grown to be.  They are amazing human beings those son of ours, and for that I will always be thankful.  On this Father's Day my wish for you is awareness.  Awareness of how critical your actions are, and awareness of the blessings you have been given by the gift of fatherhood, and that you never ever take your role as father, or the love your sons have for you for granted.

To Pat Victoria, Happy Father's Day to you.  Thank you for being a father to Jack after he had lost his own.  I am so thankful he had you in his life to show him the way.

To Jack's father, I never had the opportunity to know you, but I hear you were an awesome man.  Happy Father's Day to you.

And finally, to my son Brandon on this his second Father's Day, I love you!  You are an amazing father son, and Cooper is so blessed to have you as his daddy.  I am proud of you honey, and am so thankful I get to share in this journey of life with you.

*********

We had a great start to the day.  Brandon called to wish Jack a Happy Father's Day, and he got to talk to Cooper too.

The plan for the day...a long bike ride and picnic in the park.  A day of glorious family time!

I will update with photos this evening.  :)

Have a wonderful Father's Day planet!!

My photos of the day...

It was a crystal clear day in Boise today.  A bit warm, 92 degrees, but a nice breeze.  We enjoyed a 21.85 mile bike ride, and a refreshing dip in the Boise River.  :)

Son Garrett and Jack.
 Garrett, Kori and Jack.
 Jack and the boys, Casey and Blake.

 Table Rock mountain.



 East of downtown Boise.
 Desert flower.





 At about 19 miles, I walked into the river...shoes and all!  It felt amazing!







 Silly boys.  :)



 Final trip distance, 21.85 glorious miles!!


***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...Danna Richards.

Random Link of the Day...I was watching this Youtube video yesterday of Chris Pirillo and his father, and it made me smile.    It reminded me of spending time with my father the last year we were together in Texas.  The long trips we would take, and the hours and hours of conversation about everything...and sometimes nothing at all.  :)

Until next time..."Fathers, never underestimate the immensity of the influence you have over your children.  For they learn not only from all the things you say and do...but also from all the things you may forget to say...and forget to do."


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors