Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20, 2012

My 365...

I understand the need for a midnight snack.  I understand those nights when sleep escapes you.  But please, let mama sleep.

3:00AM

"mom...mom...mom...mom..."

"What is it Blake?"

"I can't sleep."

"What's wrong honey?"

"I am starving!"

"...go eat a banana little monkey."

Then I hear the microwave.  *Beep*  *Beep*  *Beep*

The smell of Italian sausage, garlic bread, leftover spaghetti....what the heck?

You call that a banana?  *sigh*

I just start to fall back asleep when....

My door flings open with a crash.  Casey is standing there with his hands on his hips looking a little bit like superhero Mighty Mouse with his cape flapping in the wind and a bright light shinning from behind him.  You know the stance....

"Here I am to save the day!"

 

I leap into a sitting position, fully expecting him to report that the house is on fire, or under zombie attack, when all he says is....

"Hi mom!"

...then promptly closes the door.

In my stupor I look over at my cell phone, and the time reads....5:00a.m.

Really?

Do I have insomnia?  No...I am mom.

It is at these times when I think "empty nest"....only 8 years to go.  You can do it mama!

Yes I can.  :)

But who got the last laugh you ask?  Me!

"Hey Blake, see how long you can hold this broom straight without looking up."

(Yes...that is ice cold water in that container...lol)

"Got ya baby!"

My photos of the day...

Happy first day of Spring?  Yes, it was snowing this morning.  

I love Idaho. 
***Doggy Daily*** 

"Am I not the most beautiful dog in the world mama?"

 "Yes indeed you are Miss Lilly"
 "Then how about giving me...a piece of cheese?"
Music I am listening to today...Jason Reeves

Random Link of the Day...I love Simple Design

Until next time..."Take what you need..."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors