Wednesday, January 8, 2014

January 8, 2014

My 365...

Happy Wednesday planet!  We had a nice snow fall, so everything is covered in a lovely blanket of white.  I do love snow.

I did not sleep very well last night.  I stayed up until almost 4:00am researching the recovery process for othognathic surgery for Casey.  It is one thing to receive verbal and written instructions from the surgeon, but to actually watch a video diary taken by people who have had the surgery, and are in various stages of recovery, is much better.  It is going to be a long, hard road to recovery, but Casey can do it.  He is a rock star!

I want to be sure everything is in place before he comes home from the hospital.  I am thinking of setting up a nice, squishy, comfy recliner in the living room with everything he needs.  That room has much more natural light, which is important to keep his spirits up, and it is better to sleep inclined rather than flat, so that the swelling can go down.

I will be stocking up on protein shakes, and lots of fruits and veggies for smoothies.  It will be "Club Med" up in here for my baby.  Maybe I will get some little umbrellas for his drink glasses.  I am sure I will drive him crazy with all the "mama" hovering I will be doing.  But hey, "mama hovering" is something I do very well.  :)

Today he does not want to talk about it.  The stress of all of it is hitting him after our whirlwind of emotions yesterday, so I am leaving him be.  We all wish he did not have to endure this procedure, but there is no other way to correct his bite, and all the problems that having a bad jaw alignment have caused him.  It will be amazing to be able to bite and chew food properly for the first time in his life.  To be able to speak clearly without a lisp, breathing easier, and sleeping better, it will all be worth it.  He will be surrounded by family and friends who love him very much.  We will get him through this.

We will take it one day at a time.

Until next time...
Meet Sir Walter Stitch.  This brilliant piece of ceramic artwork, created by Blake at school for me, that he gave me yesterday.  Endearing little fellow isn't he?  :)
He got a little sassy with me, so I had to put him in the back yard in the snow.  That will teach him some manners!
A beautiful wintry day today.  I do love Boise.  

Music I am listening to today...Tyler Ward, The Rescue


Random Link of the Day...Don't Be a Fartbag!  <---I love the Vlogbrothers.  DFTBA!

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors