Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 12, 2014

My 365...

Today has been a cold, rainy, gloomy day.  It is so wet and slushy outside.  I am glad it does not rain much in Idaho.  I could not handle this weather every day.  It makes me sad.  :*(

We had so much fun at Cooper's birthday party yesterday.  Amber's mom and her side of the family are all so nice.  And Brandon and Amber have great friends too.  I enjoyed spending time with them.  Little Cooper was so sweet, and well behaved.  Penny too.  I love those children so much!

Tomorrow I take Casey in for his pre-op appointment with the surgeon's office.  We have to drop off his latest impressions that the orthodontist made last week, so the surgeon can plan the surgery.  Then we will be checking in to the hospital bright and early 5:00AM on Tuesday.  Casey is understandably quite nervous.  Poor guy, I wish I could carry that for him.  I wish I could zap all the stress, worry and pain right out of his body, and transplant it into mine so that he did not have to feel any of it.   


I know Casey will be fine, and that the doctors and nurses will take care of him, but he is going to look so different.  To me, my Casey has always been, and will always be...perfect.  I can not imagine Casey looking any other way than he does now.  I love his face, I love his goofy smile, I love the way he talks.  I know he needs this, and I know he is going to look awesome after all the healing is done, but I don't want him to change.  He is not going to look the same.  I think that is what is freaking me out the most. 

Casey has come through so many struggles in his life, and he is only 18.  So often I think how unfair it is, but that is stupid.  Casey has always handled everything life has thrown at him.  He is so awesome my Casey.  I guess I am feeling a little angry that he has to go through this at all.  Yes, I know that is stupid too...this surgery is a blessing.  I just wish I could go through it for him.

I have less than 48 hours to get my act together.  I am being such a wimp, I know, but it is hard.  No mom wants to see her child suffer.  Not ever! A huge part of me wants him to be my sweet little baby boy, wrapped up tight in this mama Bear's arms so that no harm will ever come to him.  I feel that way about all of my children.  Rawrrr....

Have a great Monday planet.

Until next time...
"But...who is going to take care of me when you are gone mama?"
 "No worries Miss Lilly, I will."

Music I am listening to today...Mindy Gledhill, Whole Wide World


Random Link of the Day...Marcel The Shell with Shoes On...Two   <---OMG I love Marcel.  He makes me happy.  :)

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors