Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7, 2014

My 365...

Casey and I met with the surgeon this morning for a pre-op visit.  The surgery is on!!!  Oh my God I am excited and scared all at the same time.

The surgeon feels that he can proceed with the jaw re-positioning with the lower wisdom teeth still in place, and although Casey will need to have his mouth wired closed post recovery, it IS the safer way to go surgically speaking.  Casey goes in to his orthodontist on Thursday to have heavier gauge wires installed in his braces and new impressions made.  We have a second pre-op on Monday January 13, then orthognathic, both upper and lower jaw surgery, is scheduled for Tuesday, January 14th!

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

This surgeon, and Casey's Orthodontist are amazing.  They are doing everything they can for Casey, and I can not even begin to express my gratitude to them and their staff for putting Casey first.  So thankfully, oral surgeon number two is out of the picture, and so is the miserable pain of wisdom teeth extraction.  Now we need to prepare for this mammoth undertaking.  Casey is amazing and strong, so I know he will do great.  I on the other hand, may need some serious Valium to get through this...but we will get there.  I know we will.

Wow, as I am sitting here typing this, I have a huge lump in my throat and a stomach ache.  I literally just experienced a major mental breakdown.  I think about what is about to happen, and I want to cry.  I have vivid memories of what I went through when I had the lower jaw surgery at the same age.  But I also know that medicine has come a LONG way in the past 34 years.  If I could get through it, I know Casey can.  I have to get it together!  I have to be strong for Casey.  I hate that he was born with all these complications, but am so thankful that with surgery, everything can be fixed.

~~~ Breathe in ~~~ Breathe out.

Please keep Casey and his surgeon in your thoughts and prayers so that everything goes smoothly, and that Casey has a great outcome, and an easy recovery.  Thank you!!

Hope your day was a good one planet.

Until next time...
Casey, waiting to see the surgeon.

 He is so ready for this journey to be over.

Music I am listening to today...We The Kings, Just Keep Breathing


Random Link of the Day...Red Mountain Creative  <----This is the company my son Garrett and his friends are building from the ground up.  They have posted some demo reels that are amazing.  I am so proud of him.  

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,






Follow Me on...
Instagram
Flickr
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors