Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15, 2013

My 365...

Hello Tuesday.  It has been such a beautiful day in Boise today.  And where am I...in the house hibernating like an old bear.  Look at this forecast...


...this is why I love my Idaho.

It is like my spirit is willing, but my body is screaming "piss off!"  Silly body.  I need to learn to be more patient with myself.  I used to be able to bounce back from colds and flu, but now I need a little more time to recover.  I have to keep reminding myself that patience is a good virtue to have.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I am a very patient person, but not when it comes to myself.  With myself I have zero patience.  I am working on it though.

Perhaps my body is storing the energy I am going to need to get through the rest of this year?  Casey has major surgery coming up, Jack has serious surgery coming up, changes be happening everywhere in our life.  Maybe mama is just resting up for the marathon that is coming?  In that case, excuse me while I go take a nap.  :)

Speaking of Casey's surgery, the other day we made the grievous error of doing a Youtube search on each procedure for upper and lower jaw surgery, orthognatic surgery. (Warning...do not watch the actual surgery footage, you will faint.) The lower jaw repair, mandibular setback, I am familiar with because I had that done at age 18 as well.  However...the upper jaw repair is a very scary looking procedure.  They completely separate the upper jaw from the face!  When we first watched the videos, Casey said "No way mom, not doing that!", and I had to say I completely agreed.  I do not blame him one bit for freaking out.  I remember the recovery from my surgery over 20 years ago.  It was not easy.  Worth it?  Absolutely.  A walk in the park?  Not even close.  But last night he did more research, watched many before and after videos, and has decided that the doctors know what they are talking about.  He really does need this surgery.  It will improve his breathing, speech, overall health and quality of life.  It needs to be done, and he is ready to tackle it.  I have faith in all his doctors, so I KNOW he will do great!  Casey is one of the bravest, strongest people I know.  Yep, he is a rock star that boy-o-mine.  *love*

Now about that nap....

Hope you had a great day planet, and that the sun is shining in your world.

The sunshine is calling to me.
...sorry sunshine, mama is resting.  :)
I love that there is so much color in my world...and I just have to walk outside my front door to enjoy it.

***Doggy Daily***
Dozer might be old, but he can still play like a puppy.

Music I am listening to today...Colbie Caillat , Brighter than the Sun



The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors