Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 18, 2013

My 365...

It was a much better day today.  Everyone woke up with a spring in their step and a smile on their face.  Yay!  Jack was off today, so Blake and I invited him to join us on our bike ride this evening.

It was a clear warm evening when we left, then suddenly the wind picked up, 50 plus mph gusts of wind, and between the blowing dogwood pollen and the dust, the ride got a little scary.  It was like we were riding through a snow storm/dust storm with zero visibility. We could hear trees cracking and crashing as we rode past them.  Quite the exciting ride let me tell you.  But we had fun.  I think Jack had fun too.

Anything worth having in life is worth working for, fighting for.  If something is not working, have the courage to stand up and say..."dude...this is not working." and fix it or cut your losses and walk away.  All too often, problems are ignored or swept under the rug until they take on a life of their own and are much harder to overcome.  Be honest.  Tell it like it is. <---a reminder to myself.

If I walk out of the bathroom with toilet paper trailing from my shoe...tell me!  Or at least have the courtesy to tape a "Just Married" sign to my back.  LOL And if all else fails...ride your bike.  :)

Hope your day was great planet.  If it wasn't...dude...fix it.
There was so much dogwood pollen blowing around that it looked like it was snowing.


Calm before the storm.
An adorable Lab we met along the river.  She came running up to me and dropped a wet, slobbery tennis ball at my feet.
After the wind kicked up, the foothills vanished behind a wall of dust.
Emergency crews on the greenbelt.
An interesting bloom.  Probably a weed, but beautiful none-the-less.
Total ride...10.27 miles.

(Sorry about the wind hitting the mic.  Hard to hold the camera and ride with one hand.)

***Doggy Daily***
"Hello, my name is Ducati."
 "I am a drama queen."

Music I am listening to today...Andy Grammer , Miss Me


Random Link of the Day...Crispy Baked BBQ Onion Rings

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors