Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10, 2013

Hello Monday!

I am feeling gloriously recharged, and re-focused after my long biking adventure of solitude yesterday.  It was great to get away, and not have to keep up conversation with anyone but myself.  Yep, I do talk to myself from time to time.  I am pretty good company, if I should say so myself.  :)

Facts of life that I have come to accept...

There are a few people in my life who bring nothing positive to our world as a family, and my world as a person.  They don't need to be there anymore.  Therefor, I ceremoniously close the door, lock it, remove the key...and toss it into the great abyss.  *Inhale*, *Exhale*....all better.  :)

Garrett, Brandon, Casey and Blake are the best sons a mom could ever pray for.  I love them all equally.  They are very different from each other, but what makes me so very proud of them is that they respect each other's differences.  The day they forget to do that, is the day mama knocks them upside the head and puts them in time out!  I won't tolerate unkindness in my family.  And I won't play favorites either.  All four boys are my favorite.

I have never demanded perfection from them, but I do demand respect.  Not only of me, but of each other.  In turn, all they have ever demanded from me is love.  I have endless love to give them.

Amber, Brandon's wife, is the kind of daughter that most women dream of having.  She is smart, loving, sensitive, quirky funny, and above all, dedicated to the people she loves.  She and I have had our moments over the years, but we always find our way back to each other.  I am so blessed to have her in my life.  And I thank her with all my heart for allowing me, honoring me, with being grandma to her children.  I think I am a pretty amazing grandmother.  Even when were were not speaking to each other, she understood the importance of having me in Cooper's life and this speaks volumes of the kind of mother she is.  It did not matter what the status of our relationship was with each other, all that mattered to Amber was her son.  She recognized how important it was for him to experience "family" above all else.  That my friends is a "true" mother.  A mother who can put her own ego aside for the sake of her children.  That to me is remarkable.  I am so very proud of her for that.  "I love you Amber."

Life is never perfect, but it can be pretty darn close.  Life brings with it relationships, experiences and moments that are heavy, unpleasant and sad. We can respond by doing one of two things....

1...realize the value of these people, experiences and moments, and do all we can to make them work.

2...or accept that it is just not worth it anymore, and kick it to the curb.  I can't fix everything, and that is okay.  I have come to the realization that many of the things that are broken in my life, are not up to me to fix.  It is out of my hands.

This much I know for certain, MY life is awesome, and my life is worth the trouble.  Life is too short to spend regretting, wondering "what if", and being sad.  I am done with that.  For me it is all about moments that happen today, and experiences that I can look forward to tomorrow.  Experiences with my sons, Amber, Kori, my grandson Cooper, and the new baby that will be here in a few short weeks. (I am going to be a gramma again!!!), and with dear friends that I love.

My heart is very happy right now.  :)

If you want to take a ride on the train of Veronica, "Welcome aboard!"  Please fasten your seat belts...it is going to be an awesome  ride."
Blake's garden is growing well.  




 "There are ladybugs vacationing in my swimming pool mama."




***Doggy Daily***
Forrest Whitaker and Diva Lilly.  Sorry Dozer, your name, from this day forward shall be "Forrest Whitaker."  It works.  lol

Music I am listening to today...Miranda Lee Richards, It's A Beautiful Day

Random Link of the Day...Brown Butter Cherry Bars

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors