Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy 18th Birthday Case!


Happy Birthday Case!

Dear Son,

From the micro-second I found out I was pregnant with you, I knew you were going to be one special human being.  And I was right!

Our journey through my pregnancy was not easy.  We had every complication in the book, and barely five months in the doctor said..."Get in bed and stay there!"  We had a lot of time to get to know each other before you even made your grand entrance.

Right at 38 weeks, I could not hold on to you any longer, so the doctor made an appointment for your delivery.  I arrived at the hospital and got situated.  One last ultra-sound to make sure everything was ready...and what did you do?  A perfect 180 right into the wrong position.  Yeah...we were not calling the shots even then, YOU were!

The doctor showed you though.  He very carefully maneuvered you back into position...and let me tell you, that was one helluva trip...and ordered me to push before you had a chance to do a gnarly flip again.  At 4:20pm...16 hard hours of labor later, you made your way into the world, sunny side up, with wide-open baby blue eyes, and not a single sound.  My gawd you were a gorgeous baby!  Child number 4...son number 3.

We did not get to go right home though.  Meagan, Garrett and Brandon were recovering from the chicken-pox, so we had to go to grandma's house for a few days.  Those were probably the hardest days of my life because that is when Rheumatoid Arthritis decided to invade my body...but yet they were the most beautiful days of my life because all I had to do was look into your beautiful, bright, baby-blue eyes, and I knew...every little thing was going to be alright!

You have had a hard journey Casey, but you have made it to 18, stronger, braver, smarter than anyone I have ever known.  Your passion for life is unequaled, the love you have for your family is without measure, and your future...well let me tell you what son, every little thing is going to be alright!

I love you SO much my darling son.  And I thank God for the gift that is you.

Love, 
mom.  <3

One of Casey's idols is Bob Marley.  And guess when Bob Marley's birthday is?  Yep, February 6, 1945. How cool is that?

I took this photo today of my son Casey.  He is 18 and fearless!

 18 years of amazing!

Using his favorite song by his hero Bob Marley, I made Casey a Happy 18th Birthday slide show.  To watch it...

Love you son.  :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors