Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013

My 365...

I was thinking today, that when i grow old and grey, everything will be okay.

Just make sure my room has a view.  The mountains would be nice, but at the very least, a beautiful tree and a clear sight of the sky.  A nice comfy chair, a lovely shiny tea pot, a lifetime supply of tea, and a computer with a blazing fast Internet connection.  Oh, and don't forget my camera...grandma has to have her camera.

One more thing...Miss Lilly and Dozer curled at my feet.

I think retirement will be splendid...someday.  :)

We had a gorgeous day in Boise today.  Clear skies and 43°f.  The snow and ice did a lot of melting, and it was nice to be able to open the windows and let some fresh air in.  Casey took one look at the sky, and he was out the door on his skateboard.  I am glad he was able to get some skating in.  Poor guy was going stir-crazy!  Blake enjoyed a bike ride to the store with daddy too.  I did not join them because this week's Tae-Bo has me walking around like a little grandma....lol  Well that, and today was my Enbrel injection day, so I try to take it easy.  (Excuses...excuses...excuses.)  Maybe tomorrow I can dust off my bike if it gets a little warmer.

Have an amazing weekend planet!

This afternoon I decided to get some pictures of son Garrett and girlfriend Kori's babies.

The magnificent Supra the Wonder Dog.  He is so huge!
 "Hi grandma."
 He barely fits on the sofa, but is quite comfortable sitting there.
 The magnificent Stella.  Garrett added a little purple and blue to her lovely fur.  I think she looks styling!
 Goblin and Athena the Oscars are getting so big!
 And I can't forget Juggernaut.  The keeper of aquarium.
I have been craving watermelon for months now.  This is all Jack could find in the store....
It fits in the palm of my hand!  You call this a watermelon?  LOL

It worked well for dinner though, that sweet little baby watermelon.  I made our favorite salad.

Chicken Breast, lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, spinach, tomato, cucumber, watermelon, orange salad, topped with pecans.  Yummy!


***Doggy Daily***
Supra definitely has the biggest nose in the house.  I love this small horse.  <3
Music I am listening to today...as suggested by Casey.  He loves 80's music.  Flock of Seagulls, I Ran

Random Link of the Day...Quick and Easy Yummy Snack by Alli.  I am making them this evening, and I will update later with how they taste.  "Thank you Alli!"

***Update***

I tried this candy recipe, and....not bad.  It is easy to make, the salty/sweet contrast is good, however...SUGAR COMA!

I am not a fan of toffee, so I used pecans instead.

 I asked Blake to describe it, and he called it...

"Diabetes Butterfinger!"  The boys loved them!

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors