Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27, 2013

My 365...

I have always thought my oldest son Garrett should be a firefighter because he is always coming to the rescue of everyone...and everything...he meets.  Today it was a beautiful little bird in distress.

He was in the front yard with Kori, relaxing a bit before they had to leave for class, when he spotted a bird high up in the tree that had something hanging from its little foot.  When he looked closer, he realized it was a mouse trap.  Doing what Garrett does best, he sprang into action.  He got the ladder and decided to try to make his way to the injured bird, but it got startled and flew even higher into the tree.  He adjusted the ladder and tried again to reach it.  Just when Garrett got up in the tree, the bird was startled enough that it shook free of the mouse trap and flew away.

We were so worried that we were going to find the trap, still with the little bird's foot attached, but thankfully that was not the case.  They little birdie flew off with all of its parts intact!  Hopefully it will heal okay.  Yay Garrett!

My son Garrett is such a big tough guy, with a warm sweet heart the size of Texas.  He has been that way since he was a little boy.  What an awesome guy he is. <3 I know a little bird flying around Idaho today that would completely agree!  :)

Happy Wednesday planet.  Hope your day has been awesome.
Oh course I had my camera ready...I always do.  :)

Poor little bird, high up in the tree.
 I have never seen anything like it.  :(
 Garrett to the rescue.



 Free at last!
  See ya little bird.


 ***Doggy Daily***

The Giant Nose of Doom enjoying a chat with Princess Yoshi

He is such a sweetheart...our Giant Nose of Doom.

***Yoshi Cam!***


Music I am listening to today...Sarah McLachlan , World On Fire

Random Link of the Day...Lime in the Coconut Macaroons

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors