Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013

My 365...

Hello Saturday.  We had a beautiful day in Boise today.  The high was 55°f, with clear blue sunny skies, so Blake and I decided to dust off our bikes and take the first ride of the year.

Oh...my...gawd!

At the end of the summer, I could take a 10 to 15 mile ride, 5 times a week, and barely break a sweat.  Up hill down hill, it did not matter, I was a biking machine.  Today felt like it was the first time I had been on a bike EVER!  We were barely 2 miles into the ride, and Blake and I looked at each other and said, "What the heck?"  We were both already tired.  Three months of hibernation might be good for bears, but it is NO good for this mama bear!  My heart was pounding, my wrists were burning and my thighs were on fire!  Damn you hibernation.

We did however enjoy an 8.37 mile ride on the Boise river greenbelt.  The small lakes along the way were still iced over, and there were spots with some snow on the ground.  We had a lot of fun my Blake and I.  I am a little bummed that I need to recondition my body, but it should not take long for me to get back up to 10 and 15 mile rides again soon.  I am really looking forward to it.

Hope your day was awesome planet!

Let's ride mama.

I am going to try to shoot this exact photo every time we ride.  As Spring comes in, this river rises several feet.
Still some snow in the mountains.
Don't even think about it Blake.  He wanted to walk out on the ice so badly.

Frozen lake.

A flock of seagulls on a frozen lake.

Cute picture yes?  He had just sat in goose poop, and was trying to discreetly wipe it off his pants...lol

Random snow ramp.

My best buddy.  :)
Total ride...8.37 miles.

***Doggy Daily***
***Yoshi Cam!***
Music I am listening to today...Glee Covers , You're All I Need  <---I <3 Glee!

Random Link of the Day...Walnut Mocha Torte

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors