Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22, 2013

My 365...

Happy Friday planet!  It is here, it is here, the weekend is here!  *Happy Dance*

The coolest thing happened today.  My son Casey found an old crucifix in my jewelry box, and he asked me if he could have it so he could wear it.  I have had this crucifix for as long as I can remember.  It was either my mom's or my grandmother's, from an old rosary.  A metal crucifix, with beautiful detailing on it.

I took some paracord, (camo of course) some nylon thread, and made a very cool necklace for Casey.  He loves it, and I know he will wear it every day to keep him safe.

I was born, raised and baptized a Catholic.  My children have all been baptized, my oldest daughter confirmed, because being Catholic...it was the "thing" to do.  However, that all changed for me just after Blake was born 11 years ago.  Yes, Blake has been baptized, but that was pretty much the last "Catholic" thing this family has done.  You see for me personally, practicing the Catholic faith would make me a hypocrite for so many reasons.

There are many people in my life who are homosexual.  Friends and family, and I love them with all my heart and I believe in them.  The Catholic church does not.  The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships.  No...I whole-heartedly and 100 percent completely disagree.  Therefore can I be a good Catholic?  Can I tell the homosexual men and women in my life, that I love, accept and support them and remain true to the Catholic church?

Can I be an amazing, compassionate, intelligent, accepting, faithful child of God?  Oh yes, I most certainly can be...as can be every homosexual man and woman that I know and love...if they so desire to be.

I believe the Catholic church has it all wrong, as do many other "religions" on this planet.  Therefore, I can not, with clear conscious, be a part of a community that in my humble opinion, has it all wrong.  Does that mean I am turning my back on God?  Absolutely not, it means I have the courage and the intellect to turn my back on the dogma, while maintaining a direct line to what I believe in.  And that is, that I believe there is a higher power, I know and love, who would not turn His back on anyone.  And I am proud to say that my sons feel the same way.

Amen!  "Now step off that cereal box and start the weekend Veronica!"  Okay...I will.  :)

Religious rant over....go forth, support the people you love, and do not be afraid to shout it from the mountain tops.  Or in my case, my humble little blog.  You can't just say "I love you" to a gay man or woman, then practice a religion that says they are living in sin.  That my friends, is what a hypocrite does.

Have a great weekend planet.  Be kind and accepting to one another without conditions or judgment.  It is what He intended.  <3
 Casey's new necklace.
Casey.  <3

***Doggy Daily***

Grandpa Dozer.  He is 9 dog years, 63 human years, old and still going strong.  :)
 Best buddies.  <3

***Yoshi Cam!***

Partaking in a little live YouTube action.  WTKGTS Live 100th Episode. 

With amazing Walk Off the Earth live performances.  I LOVE Walk Off The Earth.
Music I am listening to...Macklemore , Same Love

Random Link of the Day...Toasted Marshmallow Tagalong Peanut Butter Cake Bars

The Daily V...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors