Friday, November 25, 2011

November 25, 2011

My 365...
Pinch me someone, I must be dreaming!  I love this new house!!

We spent our first night in our new home, and it is the best nights sleep I have had in a long time.  The house is so quiet and well insulated.  The climate stays a perfect 68 degrees...just the way I like it. 

It has been so long since I have had carpet, that I had forgotten how nice it is.  The living room, dining room and kitchen are all wood floors, but the stairs going to the upper level, stairs going to the lower level and all the bedrooms are carpeted.  Which must really add to the insulation.

The neighborhood is lovely and so far nice and quiet as well.  One thing I can not get over is the size of the bedrooms and all the additional storage.  The master bedroom swallows up my furniture there is so much room.  We had really downsized with the previous house so now rather than having too much stuff and not enough room, we now have all the room in the world we need and not enough stuff.  No, scratch that...we have all the stuff we need as well. 

The boys love this house.  Casey already claimed the downstairs den and fireplace area and is calling it the "man cave!" which is fine by me.  They will have all the computers and TV's and video games down there where they belong, and that makes mama very happy.

The kitchen is a lovely shade of "green."  When I first saw it I immediately thought "I need to paint in here", but the color is really nice and calming.  I think I will keep it for now. 

The dogs are happy too.  Miss Lilly has never lived on carpet before, so she is prancing around like a little pony.  It is so funny to watch her.  Ducati loves the stairs, and Dozer is not quite sure what to make of all the space.  He can't decide if he wants to sleep upstairs with mama...stay on the ground floor and guard the doors, or go down stairs with his boys.

One we get settled in I will take lots of pictures of our new space.  For now, I need to get unpacking!

My photos of the day....

Casey's "Man Cave" as he refers to it.  We just have to get the furniture down there and set up the computer stations. He wants to mount a deer head over the fireplace, and put a bear rug down.  Uhmmmm, I don't think so Casey.
What will be the "Mama Cave" once I decide how to arrange furniture.  The big picture window is perfect for the Christmas tree. And NO Tv's in this room!
  What we had for dinner last night...lol  Hey, a Turkey TV dinner is better than hot dogs!  When you are moving, this is a much quicker and easier alternative to burgers.
 The real turkey waiting for this weekend's feast!  I can hardly wait to give this new kitchen a try.
 *** Doggy Daily ***

"I approve of the new house mama, we can stay."

Music I am listening to today...Alison Krauss & Union Station



Random Link of the Day...The Bananarama!

Until next time..."There is beauty all around when there is love at home."


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors