Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11, 2011

My 365...

Happy 11/11/11 day, and Veteran's Day and Friday...not necessarily in that order. 

This will be the last restful weekend before the move, so I plan on taking it easy.  Other than some walking adventures of course.  There is a 30 percent chance of snow/rain this weekend, but I will not let that get in the way!  I told Jack that I am so determined to keep up the pace with this exercise that I am going to order some snow shoes and a new set of ski poles so that the snow won't slow me down. (If that visual does not make you laugh, nothing will!)

I finished reading one of my books last night, the one I hoped to finish last weekend, and it was a great read.  The Mill River Recluse by Darcie Chan, is one of those stories that leaves you smiling and feeling good without an overdose of sugar, spice and everything nice...as you fall into a "feel-good" coma due to an overdose of morality and "Let me tell you about God" sort of reads.  More often than not, the books you find on Amazon in the 99 cents or less department, do just that.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional Christian novel.  I just like to know ahead of time if I am about to read a "Hallelujah, put your hands on the radio brothers and sisters!" sort of story.  The Mill River Recluse has just the right touch of mystery, intrigue and comic relief.  I truly enjoyed it, so thank you Darcie Chan.

For dinner tonight...chicken and dumplings.  It is the perfect weather for some good old "southern" comfort food. :)
 My photo of the day...

"I am ready when you are mama!  And I promise not to pull...too hard."
*** Doggy Daily ***

"Hey Miss Lilly, would you like to play a game?"
 "This game is called STAY.  You are not permitted to take the kibble treat until I say OKAY.  Got it?"
 "Miss Lilly stay...."
 "...stay...."
 "...stay...."
 "...stay..."
 "Hey!  I did not say okay!"
"You are such a brat Miss Lilly!"

Music I am listening to today...Colbie Caillat



Random Link of the Day...Countdown to Thanksgiving, recipe #11

Until next time..."If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it.  If you don't ask, the answer is always no.  If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

Have a great weekend!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors