Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 24, 2011

My 365...

I am on such a late start to my day.  I stayed up way too late last night, and as a result slept in a bit.  We did start the day on the right foot with some delicious thin pancakes covered with fresh berries...

They were delightful!

After breakfast the boys requested a haircut, so I gave them both a nice Spring buzz.  They look very handsome.  Then it was off to work for me, and off to study for them.

I did not sleep very well last night.  I made the grievous error of trying to clean out my email inbox.  There were a few messages to and from my daughter that I should have never read, and a copy of a particularly toxic message from the person she married.  At first it was upsetting, but reading it again...then comparing with the truth of my world today, I got to chuckle at just how wrong he is.  It seems that he and my daughter are the only ones in my family on the outs...not the other way around.  Their choice...

Rather than hit delete, I decided to file the messages away in a folder I call "File 13."  To most that is code for garbage, but for me that is code for "Don't let it bother you!" And that is exactly what I plan on doing.  I miss my daughter, but she has made her choices and now has to live with them.  I have tried to reach out to her, her husband and even to her husband's family, but it falls of deaf ears.  It is better this way I suppose, I could not have people like him or his family in my life.  They would not fit in at all, but my door, our door, is always open to her.

Back to work for me.  Have a glorious day world.

Music I am listening to today, Gato Barbieri

Until next time...keep smiling.  :)





0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors