Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2, 2011

My 365...

We are enjoying a stormy afternoon here in Boise.  Major storms blowing in to our area, and I love it!  When we lived in Texas, stormy weather always made me nervous because as a child our home was flooded several times and it was a very traumatic experience.  We also had to worry about tornadoes.  Here in Boise, the only thing we worry about is the power going out.  That can be traumatic!  Imagine a world without technology.  *gasp*

My photo of the day...

One evening in Texas as I was bowling on a league night, and I bowled a perfect 300.  It was a fluke really, but the event made it to the local newspapers and was quite exciting.  I will never forget that night.  I qualified for The Texas Games, and we traveled to Dallas where I won a gold medal in my division.  The story on the 225 pin, our league president did not have any 300 pins as he had never met anyone who bowled a 300, so he gave me a 225 pin and told me he would order the 300 pin.  I never got that pin, but it did not matter to me.  I was not completely thrilled with my 300 score because it totally blew my average!  lol :)

I still have all my bowling equipment, but have not been bowling in years.  My RA has left my right hand a bit too sensitive to hold a bowling ball, but that is okay, I have my bowling memories!

Music I am listening to today, Spyro Gyra

Until next time...


0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Search

Loading...

Google+ Badge

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Visitors