Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011

My 365...

A new day a new adventure. At least I like to think so. I may not be traveling the planet looking for an answer to this thing called life, but everyday for me is a magical opportunity to get it right.

Get what right? My job of course. Let me rephrase that, my career of course. The most important career of all, one that I can never be fired from, being a mom. :)

Having a child at 40 has extended my motherhood career further than most. There is never a day that passes that I do not thank God for the opportunity to keep on mothering. Sure there are days and micro moments where I am tired or craving some peace and quiet or privacy and I think, "Good gawd Veronica what were you thinking having a baby at 40!"...but it passes pretty quickly.

Take today for example. Blake brought his keyboard over to my desk because he wanted to sit in the window and compose his masterpiece. The sun shinning in on his face as he sat there engrossed in the creative process.
Such a gorgeous face too.  And I watch, and listen...amazing music he is making.  Peace and quiet who needs it?  Not me, not today.

He looks over at me and gives me that "Oh mom, please put that camera down" face...
 then he smiles and says "I love you mom."

It is those kind of moments that I realize how blessed I am.  Fifty years old, and I am practically starting over with Blake.  He has the advantage of a mom that is in no hurry.  Lucky little guy, lucky mommy.

If I could go back twenty-five years ago to the time when I first started this gig, what would I say to me?  I would say, "Veronica, slow down.  You are about to embark on a journey that will be full of highs and lows...hopefully more highs...don't rush it.  Midnight feedings, colicky babies, terrible twos...first dates, driving lessons, moving out...moving on.  It all passes way too quickly.  In the blink of an eye your babies will grow up and have lives on their own.

Remember the laughter, remember the tears, remember the good times, the hard times, the funny times because soon all you will have is those memories.  Thank goodness for technology...much easier to keep a record.


Music I am listening to today, Shelly Fraley.



Until next time...remember to laugh because laughter is inspiration for your face.

Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors