Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12, 2011

My 365...

It is such a gorgeous day today, Blake decided we had to spend the entire day working outside.  I have to admit, it has been a great plan!



We practiced some math facts and spelling while he enjoyed a swing.  Testing is coming up in a couple of weeks, so it is a great way to study I think.  Keeps the stress levels down.  :)

He keeps telling me, "Mom don't worry, I will ace those tests!"  How awesome it is to be 9 years old and so sure of yourself.  Way to go my Blake!

I have noticed a change in me since my big 50 birthday.   I have always been a very calm self assured person, and it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers.  I have never really cared about what anyone thought of me.  Good, bad, indifferent, that is your burden not mine.  Since turning 50 that has been magnified 100 fold.  Now I find that I could really care even less what people may think of me.  I am who I am, I do what I feel is best for me and for my children, and everyone else can take a slow boat to china.  It is what it is, and let me tell you, it is a very freeing way to feel!

Some people have a bark that is louder than their bite.  When it comes to my children and I, my bite is definitely harder than my bark.  I am one of those strong silent types.  :)

Music I am listening to today, Alison Krauss & Union Station.

Until next time...the path to greatness, order, vision, trust, faith...a good piece of chocolate and simplicity. 

Keep it simple!

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors