Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April 12, 2011

My 365...

It is such a gorgeous day today, Blake decided we had to spend the entire day working outside.  I have to admit, it has been a great plan!



We practiced some math facts and spelling while he enjoyed a swing.  Testing is coming up in a couple of weeks, so it is a great way to study I think.  Keeps the stress levels down.  :)

He keeps telling me, "Mom don't worry, I will ace those tests!"  How awesome it is to be 9 years old and so sure of yourself.  Way to go my Blake!

I have noticed a change in me since my big 50 birthday.   I have always been a very calm self assured person, and it takes a lot to ruffle my feathers.  I have never really cared about what anyone thought of me.  Good, bad, indifferent, that is your burden not mine.  Since turning 50 that has been magnified 100 fold.  Now I find that I could really care even less what people may think of me.  I am who I am, I do what I feel is best for me and for my children, and everyone else can take a slow boat to china.  It is what it is, and let me tell you, it is a very freeing way to feel!

Some people have a bark that is louder than their bite.  When it comes to my children and I, my bite is definitely harder than my bark.  I am one of those strong silent types.  :)

Music I am listening to today, Alison Krauss & Union Station.

Until next time...the path to greatness, order, vision, trust, faith...a good piece of chocolate and simplicity. 

Keep it simple!

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Search

Loading...

Google+ Badge

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Visitors