Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011

My 365...

Some beautiful color in my world today.  :)


There are people in my world who have to drive the fanciest car, have to have the biggest house, everything is always bigger, more expensive, all about appearances.  I remember being in my 20's, getting a new car every year and being equally superficial...then I grew up...or maybe I grew inward?

True, I enjoy having my electronic toys, laptop, iPod, cool phone, but I am so happy living in a comfy little cottage and driving a car that is paid for.  I have never been happier.  I will sometimes hear the boys saying, "I wish we were rich."  I ask them, "Do you ever go hungry?  Do you have clothes on your back, shoes on your feet and a roof over your head?  Do you have a family that loves you?  If you can answer YES to those questions, you are rich!"

More often than not as humans we measure our success in life by what we own.  The big house, the fancy cars, the jewelry, the clothes, the country club memberships etc., when in reality, that means nothing at all.  It shows nothing, and it means even less.  I am a mom, I get to work from home, and I love my family...what more do I need?  Not a damn thing.  :)  I AM rich!

Music I am listening to today, The Fray.



Until next time...If you don't do what your heart wants you to do, it will destroy you.


0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors