Thursday, November 25, 2010

November 25, 2010

My 365...

We had a wonderful day today.  Jack started cooking at the crack of dawn, and the house filled with amazing smells!  Silly me never went to sleep, another night of reading a great book.  Yes, I am pretty exhausted about now.  :)

We enjoyed a white Thanksgiving with snow on the ground, and although the temperature was bitter cold, it made being in a safe warm home something to be thankful for.

The food was delicious as always, herb and orange encrusted turkey, stuffed with fresh vegetables rather than stuffing.  We did have yummy stuffing, but Jack prepared that separately.  He also made fresh green beans, asparagus, peas and crescent rolls.  With some cranberries on the side it was the perfect meal!

Steaming turkey!

 I served Blake his plate...

...complete with the wishbone of course...


 ...he decided he needed a little more turkey please!  :)




Casey has been suffering with a terrible cold for weeks, bless his heart.  But he did enjoy the day with sniffles and all.  Ducati stayed by his side to make sure he was a-okay.

I was so thankful to have Garrett with us for Thanksgiving.  Of course he would not let me take his picture, so I did what every good mother does...and snapped a picture when he was not looking!  He was busy concentrating on the wiring for some sort of amp or boost of stereo thingamabob.  lol

Then Blake bundled up and went outside.  He came in and asked me for the camera because he had created a surprise for me!

A perfect snow angel complete with halo.  :)


Today was a little bittersweet.  This is the first year of holiday celebrations without a call to or from my sisters.  Things are still strained between the three of us and that makes me very sad.  I love them both very much and hope this will change.

I am so thankful for my life, our life, for my husband Jack, my precious Garrett, Casey and Blake and all the blessings God has given us.  I pray that my daughter Meagan, son in law Matthew, son Brandon and girlfriend Amber had a blessed and joyous day.  I missed them and love them very much.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors