Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27, 2012

My 365...

Good evening interweb world, how are you this fine Sunday?

I started writing this blog hours ago.  No really I did.  Went downstairs to put on my tea pot, and discovered that I was 'In The WRONG house!"

"What what?"

My kitchen....*sigh*  This is not my kitchen.  There was a party here last night, and mama was not invited.

"Who's house is this?"

"Dozer?  Is that you buddy?  What are YOU doing here?"

"Mama, hate to break it to you...this is our house."

"NOOOOOOoooooooooo......"  *sad panda*

I have way too many plates, forks, spoons.  Enough to last all month without washing them.  There were none left in the cabinet.  All dirty.

My boys slam doors.  The bedroom doors, the bathroom doors, the front door, the back door even the car door.  "SLAM!"  Not because they are angry, oh no, it is because they are boys.  Boys are always in a hurry.  I glance over at the side by side refrigerator, and the door is slightly ajar.  Uh oh, that can't be good.  I open the door, peer inside and am greeted by a lovely "tepid" climate.  Not cold, not hot, just a delightful shade of...."Mama, your food is going to spoil."

"NOOOOOOoooooo......"  *sigh*

Daily I hear..."Mom, I am starving!  Where is all the food?"

Yesterday was shopping day.  The kitchen was stocked with food.  So boys, where is all the food?  "You ate it all in one day!"

So I cleaned.  And cleaned.  And cleaned.  My teapot was whistling the entire time, but I was too busy to notice.

Finally the work is done.  I cut some fruit, pour a bowl of Cheerios.  Place some delightfully aromatic Oolong tea leaves in my ceramic tea pot and commence to pour the water in to steep the tea."

"Screams!!!!"  "Hey lady...why you mad at us Oolong?  This water is too hot!  Now we give you bitter tea."

"NOOOOoooooooo......"  *pout*

"Oh Oolong, why you have to be so mean?"

But am I angry?  Am I bitter?  Nah. :)  (The tea is bitter...mama, not so much.)

My boys are not persnickety, demanding and mean.  They are kind, loving and funny.  A little messy?  Oh yes.

I could have made them clean the kitchen and ground them for a hundred years, but it did not take all that long for me to put the place back in order.  Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

Sure, we will work on kitchen etiquette, the art of properly closing the refrigerator door.  "You dirty the dish?  Then you wash, dry and put it away."  But get angry?  No.  No reason for that.  Put a little powder in the dish washer and press start.  Wipe down the counters, take out the trash, and apologize to the Oolong tea.

Stuff is just stuff.  Dirty kitchens are just stuff.  Untidy house....just dusty stuff.  But family, that is precious.  My boys, they are my treasures.  Life is good.  :)

And there is an important lesson here interweb world.  Never pour HOT hot hot water on your Oolong tea leaves.  They get angry.

"And boys, next time you have a party...you BETTER invite mama!"

My photos of the day....
"I am ready for some "Cheery-O's"...so yummy.  Cheerios are happy food.
 Could you get mad at this beautiful face?  I think not.  :)

***Doggy Daily***

My stinky, loves to roll in poop, fuzzy wuzzy teddy bear.

Music I am listening to today...Boys Like Girls


Random Link of the Day...John Pinette  He will make you laugh till you cry.  I <3 him!

Until next time..."If you go through life sweating the small things, that is all you will have in life...the small things."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors