Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2, 2012

My 365...

Happy Birthday to my Nana!  Today she turns 93 years young.  :)

I called her to wish her a Happy Birthday, and she had just received some flowers from a fellow resident of her assisted living facility.  She had to tell me all about it.

The funniest conversation followed...

"This man named Jesse brought me flowers today for my birthday."

"Oh how wonderful Nana!"

"Yes, and he offered to take me dancing."

"That is great, are you going to go dancing?"

"No of course not...he has no legs!"

"Oh no that is terrible.  Poor Jesse, I am sorry to hear that."

"Yes, I told him I will not go dancing with someone who wears no shoes.  So he told me he has fine shoes."

"Oh I see. Well, at least he has has great taste in shoes, and I bet he is a great dancer on wheels"

"Yes, but he has no legs!"

"True Nana, but if we don't need wings to fly....we certainly don't need legs to dance."

"Who said I wanted to fly?"

.......................

"Oh my goodness Nana, you are something else."

She and I laughed so hard.  Not over Jesse of course, as that would be horribly rude, but over her lighthearted spirit.  She is my hero.  :)

She has never married, and has always been like a second mother to me.  She is the most independent woman I have ever known!  Nothing gets her down.  She is strong, courageous and smart...with just the right mix of ornery and stubborn.  She never gives up hope.  I love her dearly.  <3

"Happy Birthday Maria Magdalena!"

My photos of the day...

Music lessons with Miss Lilly.


 ***Doggy Daily***

"Mama, isn't my boy brilliant?"
"Yes indeed Miss Lilly, he most certainly is."

Music I am listening to today...U2


Random Link of the Day...Prayers for Diana and her boys.

Until next time..."Sometimes you just have to jump, then build your wings on the way down."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors