Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

My 365...

Hello Friday, good to see you. 

Raising a girl through the "teen" years was easy...predictable.  At the time I thought it was the hardest thing in the world, and thanked God daily for blessing me with one daughter and four sons.  Girls are persnickety, emotional and can be downright annoying.  I say that lovingly of course. :)  And I should know, I used to be one...a persnickety teenage girl!

Son number one entered the "teen" years, and I can not recall one single moment that brought me a *gasp* and at least a couple hundred new gray hairs.  He was, and still is, an adrenaline junky.  He loves doing crazy things like skiing off the roof of the house, and driving an ATV off the side of a mountain.  But he was, and still is, easy on my heart and on my mind.  He is a great son.

Son number two survived teen years, but "I" barely did.  He met someone that dramatically changed the direction of his life, and that has caused him much hardship.  So much I wish I could have done differently with him.  I should have been harder.  I should not have left so many choices up to him.  I have learned my lesson...and I hope he has learned his.  All in all though he is an amazing person, and I love him and am very proud of "who" he has become.  But I would be would not be lying if I say "I wish things could be different" for him.  I do.

This brings me to son number three.  Of all my children, son number three has had a difficult journey due to emotional challenges and learning setbacks.  I have always worried about him, still do, but he is so much stronger than anyone realizes.  Even me.  Son number three has a lot to say, and has a very real grasp on life and what he believes and wants out of life.  But he is still a teenager.  I am now on the 'teenage" journey for son number three and thank God for seat belts.  This is going to be a bumpy ride!

Blake, son number four, told me this evening that I did not have to worry about him.  He said, "I am going to make life really easy for you mom."  There you have it world, it is on record now so it must be true!  :)

It is funny, you hear all the jokes about the daddy sitting on the porch with his shotgun locked and loaded to keep all the male suitors away from their precious daughters.  I have news for you girlies, this mama has her shotgun locked and loaded so you better watch yourself around my boys!  *grin*

My photos of the day...

Son number three.  So much wisdom in those beautiful baby blues...so much mischief there too.
***Doggy Daily***
Music I am listening to today...Fleetwood Mac

Random Link of the day...Great Iconic Photos from History

Until next time..."I myself am made entirely of flaws...stitched together with good intentions."

Have a great weekend world.

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors