Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29, 2012

My 365...

Family dinner was great.  Garrett and Brandon helped me with perspective on Casey today.  I needed that.  Garrett made everyone laugh...we needed that too.  :)

Before dinner, Brandon shared his thoughts with me on the matter, and I was very impressed.  Brandon and I have been through a lot together, but he has learned much about life as a result of the choices he has made.  And now that he is a new father, he has gained new insight and wisdom that comes with the territory. I am very proud of him.

Garrett is like papa bear to his younger brothers.  He genuinely cares about them, and will do everything within his power to always be there for them.  I love and appreciate him so much.

When Garrett called me earlier in the day, he could tell by my voice that I was stressed.  I told him I was having difficulty with his little brother.  He told, "Don't worry mama, I will talk to him."

When he and Kori arrived, Casey and I were in the kitchen trying to "talk it out", and I was ready to take a long walk off of a short bridge!  Garrett joined in the conversation in his usual calm way and after just a few minutes, even he was ready to pull his hair out!  LOL, Casey got the best of him too.

I am glad to know it is not just "my" inability to communicate with my teenage son.  Casey is exhausting!!  But we love him...rascal that he is.  :)

It is a shame that their father is not more involved with their rearing.  He is a great provider, but that is where his involvement ends.  The boys have each other, and they really care about each other.  And they have me.  I may not be the perfect mom who has all the answers, but I love them with all my heart and I would hang the moon for them if I could.  At age 50 I am still learning about this parent thing.  Blake promised me he will be easy.  Okay world, you read it here....Blake is going to be easy!  :)

Hope you all had a great weekend, and have a peaceful Monday.

My photos of the day...

Number one son and his girlfriend Kori. <3

 Cooper having a conversation with uncle Garrett.
  Yummy dinner.
 ***Doggy Daily***

Cosmic Miss Stella.  Garrett made some very cool collars for his dogs Stella and Supra the Great Dane.  He walks the dogs at night, and these collars have flashing LED lights on them.  They are awesome!
Music I am listening to today...Michelle Branch




Random Link of the Day...The perfect Valentine treat.

Until next time..."I know I am not perfect...but I am working on it."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors