Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

My 365...

"Text me and we can talk about it."

Last night Blake was being a particularly extreme stinker pants while I was trying to work.  Jumping on the bed, "giving mama a headache"....stinker pants.  It is his unwinding release of boundless energy time, and it can be a bit much for mama.  Just a wee bit.

In the midst of the crazy that was Blake, Case came in my room and wanted to talk about his current state of being.  School, girls, feelings etc.  And I did a terrible thing...I let my frustrated mood dictate my conversation with Casey.  Bad mama.

So he went downstairs obviously disappointed with me, and the next thing that happened was my cell phone started beeping at me.  Text...after text...after text....from Casey, telling me how he is feeling about life.  An "in my face", one hundred percent uninterrupted communication of all the important things in his life that he wanted to talk to me about.  Wow.

*sniff*  :*(

He had so much to say to me, and I blew him off because I was feeling a tad overwhelmed.  Really?  What a jerk I am!  His texts made me pause and listen.  It was the kick in the pants I needed.  "Pay attention mama!!" 

He came back upstairs, and we engaged in a wonderful conversation.  One that he most certainly deserved.  My undivided attention and respect for a son who should always have that and more.  He is an amazing young man, and no matter how crazy my day becomes, I need to remember to divide my time fairly, and give Case the audience he needs to discuss all the things that are important in "his" world.

I still see Casey as my sweet little boy, not as the growing mature teenager that he is becoming.  In a sense, my children will always be "my babies", but I have to realize that they do eventually grow up, and I need to adjust "me" to better serve them as a mom.

What a blessing!  I have a teenage boy who cares enough to talk about everything in his life with me...his mom.  :)

To Casey I say, "I am sorry son. You are awesome, I love you, and I am so proud of you."

To Blake I say, "Stop jumping on the damn bed you silly rascal monkey you!"

My photos of the day...

My Casey.
 ***Doggy Daily***

"Hey Dozer...wanna play?"
 "I am teasing the boys..."
 "tease..tease..tease..."
 "...you can't catch me!"
 "...then she is off!"
Little bitch.  :)

Music I am listening to today...Sara Bareilles

Random Link of the Day...JPG Your World in Pictures

Until next time..."Life is about using the whole box of crayons."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors