Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 31, 2012

My 365...

Genius on board!  Literally...

Today Blake decided he was going to create his own custom map in Minecraft.  All original architecture, complete story line with interesting characters, booby traps, mystery, intrigue and just the right mix of nearly impossible challenges.  In a word...wow!

This is not an easy task.  So much work involved in creating a custom story map in Minecraft, and he is doing it.  There are many elements at work, and it is better than any home school lesson I can think up.  Math, science, creative writing...all part of doing what he is doing.  And the best part of all, it is fun!

I am so impressed with him.  Considering he is only 10 years old, he is off to a great start.  He also wants to teach himself how to create mods and texture packs for Minecraft, and there is no doubt in my mind that he can. 

I was blessed with five incredible, imaginative and creative children.  My daughter is a creative genius.  She is a writer and an artist.  My sons love art, writing and photography.  Garrett enjoys painting and sculpture, Brandon can invent interesting story lines and characters, Casey is a genius with all things history, weapons and automobiles, and Blake has the most intense imagination...they all do.  There is no limit to what they can do.

Side note...

There is one thought I wanted to add to my post of yesterday.  A thought that came to me last night.  You will never hear my sons speak badly about their father.  Despite his shortcomings, they do love him very much.  Sure they have had their moments with him, probably Brandon more than the others, but they love and accept their father for "who" he is.  To me that speaks volumes of their character and makes me so proud to be their mom.

I love my babies!  :)

My photos of the day...

Blake building his world.
 Explaining to mama exactly what he is doing.
 "Pretty cool huh?"
"Hey what about me?"
 "Grandma, how many 1 year old babies do you know..."
  "...who can compose the most epic drumo solo of the century?"
 "That would be me.  Yeah, you know you love it."

 ***Doggy Daily***
"Do you know what I think mama?"
 "What do you think Miss Lilly?"
 "My boy gets his genius from me."
Music I am listening to today...Bruno Mars and Lil Wayne
I LOVE this new video.  Amazing!

Random Link of the Day...Minecraft

Until next time..."I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've ended up where I needed to be."  ~Douglas Adams

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors