Saturday, July 20, 2013

Midnight Ride

It was almost midnight, and Blake was really wanting to take a night time bike ride around the neighborhood. I thought it sounded like fun, but I needed more adventure than just the neighborhood.  I asked Casey if he would join us, then I knew we would be safe.  He said yes, and off we went.

The night was perfect.  Clear skies, bright moon, and a cool, breezy  70°f.  We rode along the bench, which is a higher elevation in Boise that looks down on the city, past one of the oldest cemeteries in Boise, the Boise Depot, and all through downtown Boise.  It would have been awesome to ride along the river, but the greenbelt is so dark at night there is no way I was going to try that.  With my luck we would have ended up crossing paths with a mountain lion or two.

We had an amazing 11.78 mile ride.  It was a very spontaneous decision...but a great one.  I almost died on one corner when I hit a curb going way too fast, but mama got control of her iron horse pretty quickly.  It was one of those slow motion...OMG my life passed before my eyes...sort of moments.  The boys had a major heart attack, then were very impressed with my moves.  The irony of the "almost crash" was that it was right next to the cemetery...lol

We are definitely going to do this more often.  Garrett and Kori did the same, but they left a bit earlier than we did.  I will say that I love this city!  I never once felt unsafe or worried.  Everyone we passed smiled and said hello.  We got home just before 2:00AM.  I am going to sleep well tonight.

Blake has decided that I am..."The coolest, most awesome mom ever!"  I say "YAY!"  I will take that.  :)

Moon shining over the cemetery.







 Idaho Capitol Building.
 I had the shutter speed on low, and a car drove past and left a cool trail of light.







 Boise Depot.

Total Ride...11.78 miles.


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors