Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9, 2012

My 365...

Happy Weekend Planet!  :)

We are having some snow flurries today.  Not enough to stick to the ground, but exciting none-the-less.  We LOVE snow in this house.  Being born and raised in South Central Texas, snow is still very exciting to me even after living in Idaho for 16 years.

We also got some good news today.  After hitting the pavement hard and knocking on hundreds of doors, Jack finally got a job.  It is not a "career" type job, but it will at least make the holidays a little easier for us. He has been applying to every opportunity he found since he lost his job of 10 years in June. Digging ditches, flipping hamburgers, he did not care as long as it was honest work.  We were beginning to think that age might be a factor.  Jack turned 50 two days before he lost his job, and even though he can outrun, out lift and out perform many 20 year olds I know, competing with others half his age to get what little jobs there are available in this horrible economy has not been easy.  But he never gave up.  I am so proud of him.  Yay!

This is going to be a great weekend, and an even better Holiday Season.  We have so much to be thankful for.


We got this silly little bobble head as a prize at one of our local grocery outlets.  His name is Doug.
He serenaded me during my morning cup-o-tea.  Thank you Doug.

 ***Doggy Daily***


Doug serenading Dozer too....lol


Music I am listening to today...Foreigner , Juke Box Hero


Random Link of the Day...Rustic Turkey Vegetable Pie

The Daily V...

I am mama bear. Rawrrrrrrr!!! Trust me planet, you do NOT want to be on the receiving end of this mama bear's grrrrrr......

Just saying. Have a nice day. :)


Have a great weekend!

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

1 comments:

Kathy said...

I was "in the neighborhood" - on Facebook actually and hadn't been on your blog in a while. A touch of snow and honest work - an early Christmas?

Enjoy your weekend!

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors