Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dinner is Served!

I have not added food to my blog in a while, so I figured it would be a fun addition to my lazy Saturday.

For this family, comfort food includes breakfast for dinner.  Since I had already made a huge batch of flour tortilla dough, and Blake has been begging for Hot Pockets (yuck!), I decided to make my own version.

I would give you my recipe for flour tortillas, but it is top secret family information! No, not really, you can find a good recipe HERE.  The only thing I do differently is substitute butter for shortening.  *GASP* I know, heart attack waiting to happen, but what can I say?  I love butter!

Start by browning some pork sausage in a pan.  Once nice and brown, drain off excess grease.
Stir in some eggs and scramble.  Once the eggs are cooked, take off the heat, add some shredded Colby Cheddar and set aside.
 Get your work area ready.
 Roll out tortilla, add cheese, egg, sausage filling, and some diced tomato and jalapeño.
Fold over your tortilla and seal any way you like.

Forking is the easiest way, however I prefer to roll the edges like my Nana taught me.  :)  To fork, simply use a fork along the edges, pressing down to seal the dough.
Place your pockets in an oiled hot skillet and fry "slowly" until crispy golden brown.
Place on a paper towel to cool.

Serve up with fresh avocado, diced tomato, jalapeño and sour cream.
A million times better than a store bought Hot Pockets any day of the week.

For desert I made some blueberry/peach cobbler.  Yummmmy!



Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors