Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 12, 2012

My 365...

Today started out on the wrong foot.  Blake was NOT interested in working on school.

"Mom I am tired...mom I did not sleep last night...mom I am not in the mood for math...mom...mom...mom!"

I have to tell you, home-schooling is the toughest gig out there.  It is HARD.  To take the responsibility to be the primary source of education for your own child, not easy, it is scary.  It is days like today that I really appreciate the awesome dedication of teachers.  Teaching is without question, the most daunting job on the planet.

I salute you teachers.  :)

As for Blake...we are getting there.  I am rolling back his bed time, and all electronics are on black-out as of 9:00pm.  Electronics are evil.  Well, not really, but when you are referring to school age children, there has to be a healthy balance.

Then there is the math...to use a calculator or not to us a calculator...that is the question?

For me, it is always to use a calculator, but when you are in school...you need to show your work.  I am so thankful that Jack is taking over Blake and Casey's math lessons, because he does everything the long way.  Step by micro step start to finish.  That is what the boys need in math.  A nice strong foundation.  Hmmm...maybe I should sit in on those math classes myself?  :)

It was another gorgeous day in our city of trees.  High temperature today only 77 degrees.  It is a little smoky, but the skies are crystal clear otherwise.  We took a bike ride to one of our local parks and played ball with Dozer, and Blake and daddy played a little b-ball..

Tomorrow we have to take a two hour drive to another town for Casey to have his first surgical consultation with the Maxillofacial surgeon.  Garrett and Kori have offered to drive us.  We will be passing Shoshone Falls and the Snake River Canyon on the way, so it will be a great day for making memories and taking photos.

Today is Garrett's girlfriend Kori's birthday.  She is one of the sweetest, kindest and smartest young woman I know, and we love her dearly.
Happy Birthday Kori!!  <3
Hope your day was fabulous!

My photos of the day...










Blake always picks a flower for me when we take our bike ride.  Tonight he picked an alien space pod...lol
 Not sure what it is, but it is pretty.  :)
 Total ride...2.51 miles.
Casey let me cut his hair tonight.  He looks so handsome.  :)

***Doggy Daily***
A race to the tennis ball...
 "Hit the brakes!"

Music I am listening to today...Nickel Creek , This Side
Random Link of the Day...  Cucumber-Mint Salad 

The Daily V...It is important to always be kind to others, but even more important to always be kind to yourself.

Until next time...

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors