Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012


My 365...

Today we remember the 11th anniversary of September 11th.  Eleven years ago today, I remember snuggling a barely 4 week old baby boy in my arms, watching in absolute horror the news reports on TV.  I will never forget that day, and I pray we never see another one like it.

I send my thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims of that horrendous day in history.  And today, I remember all the heroes.  The firefighters, the Port Authority, the Police men and women, the survivors,  and every service man and woman who has served to protect our country ever since.

My photos of the day...

Our evening bike ride was to the Idaho's Fallen Soldier Memorial to pay our respects to all the Idaho soldiers who have given their life for this country in the past 11 years.

Idaho State Capitol.  Flags flying at half mast.

 Idaho's Fallen Soldier Memorial.



 Blake noticed that one of the soldier's name was Blake.  :*(






 Downtown Boise.
 The Pioneer Building.

 A detour through the park.





 Total ride...11.73 miles.
We are so blessed, and proud, to live in this beautiful country of ours.  

God Bless the USA.  <3

***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...God Bless the USA

Random Link of the Day...Chipotle Popcorn Chicken

The Daily V...Never underestimate the power and strength of our educators.

Until next time...

Peace.


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors