Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 8, 2012

My 365...

Happy Easter everyone!

The plan for today was to enjoy a nice quiet restful day at home with the boys, in order to recover from our long bike ride yesterday.

That "was" the plan...

I decided that I wanted to have a picnic in the park, so when Jack got off work, he picked up some fried chicken, honey rolls, potato wedges and macaroni salad.  I made some yummy corn on the cob.

Just before we were ready to leave, I told the boys..."Forget driving to the park, lets ride our bikes!"

"Are you kidding mom?  That is straight down hill, you will die!"

"Yep!  I am absolutely sure!"

And that is exactly what we did.  The weather was too perfect not to ride.  Jack put the picnic blanket and bag of food on the back of his bike, and drinks in the back pack.  And we headed down to the green belt that runs along the Boise River.  The river is high with all the snow melting out of the mountains, and it is beautiful!

And as for that hill...."weeeee!"  I had a blast riding down the hill.  Coming back up was another story.  I ended up walking the bike because I have no gears on my beach cruiser.  *ugh* But the view walking up the hill is so beautiful, I did not mind the climb.  :)

All in all it was a perfect way to spend our Easter Sunday.

Hope your Easter Sunday was fabulous too!  :)

My photos of the day...

The beautiful Boise River.
 Yummy buttery corn on the cob.


 Crispy fried chicken!
 Veteran's Park pond.

 Casey is ready to roll.
 The Boise Green Belt.  A great place to ride bikes.
 Kayakers enjoying the river.


 Crossing the river.  Jack looks a bit like a pack mule...lol

 Beautiful colors.


The boys really wanted to go swimming, but the river was freezing!  Maybe next time.  :)

***Doggy Daily***

Ducati.
Music I am listening to today...Maroon 5

Random Link of the Day...Boise Green Belt

Until next time..."The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry says: Yes! It was a blessed Easter! Drove with Debbie to visit my parents. A lovely day. <3

Veronica said...

That sounds perfect Henry. :)

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors