Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012

My 365...


Good Afternoon.  The day is Thursday, April 19, 2012.  Current temperature, 58 degrees, with a high of 65 expected later in the day.  Cool winds are out of the north, with scattered clouds.

In other words...."Perfect Day for a Bike Ride!"

So here I sit, ready to ride.  Snacking on saltine crackers, sipping on a steamy cup of Oolong tea, waiting.....

Waiting for the boys to get it in gear so we can adventure!  So while I wait, I blog.

I was having a little difficulty getting to sleep last night.  So much on my mind.  School is winding down for the year, the last day being May 30th.  Blake will be promoting to the 5th grade, and Casey, his senior year!  As their learning coach, I am ready to promote them, but as their mother....I want them to stay young a little bit longer.  I am very proud of the boys, and am so happy we have had this home school experience.  It is both the hardest, and equally the most rewarding thing I have ever done.  One more year for both of them then it is off to college...or the army... for Casey, and off to Junior High for Blake.

Yay us!

Finally around 2:00am I decided that something had to give...my sanity, or sleep?  A friend mentioned this past week that he had watched the movie "You've Got Mail", (thank you Henry), one of my all time favorites.  So I transferred the movie to my Android tablet, snuggled under the covers, plugged in the head phones, and enjoyed a little blast from the past.

"You've Got Mail" is one of my all time favorite movies.  I remember the magical sounds of a dial-up connection, and waiting in anticipation for those three little words..."You've Got Mail!"

How is this for a blast from the past...

Well it is time for my ride, and both boys have pooped out on me.  I was all ready to go alone, because I enjoy it so much, but Jack decided to come along.  Thank you Jack.  :)

My photos of the day....

"I promise I will ride with you tomorrow mom."
Oh look, Garrett has been here....lol  He leaves this silly rubber snake all over the house!
"Ready to ride...
Rain clouds over the mountains.
I always stop to take pictures along the way.
A great use for a fallen log.
Drive-by shooting...photo shooting that is.

After the ride, this is the hill I have to travel up.  Going down is so much fun...the trip back up...not so much. With a fixed speed cruiser, I end up having to walk the bike up.  I don't mind too much, but one day I will be able to "ride" up.
View from the top.  
I am so thankful for my new found sense of adventure and energy.  I look forward to my ride every single day.  And I am thankful that my body is taking it well.  :)


***Doggy Daily***

He always knows when I am getting ready to leave.  Sad panda.  :*(
Music I am listening to today...Matt Wertz




Random Link of the Day...This is love.

Until next time..."Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors