Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bike Ride, April 29, 2012

Did we make it 30 miles?  No.  :*(  <---sad mama.

We did make it 15 miles though.  Not even 15 minutes into the ride, I felt un-well and a little dizzy.  It hit me out of the clear blue.  I felt fine when we left, and the weather was perfect and cool.  It slowed me down quite a bit, so I told the boys we would not even attempt the long ride, but just make the half-way point and have a picnic.  They were glad, I was terribly disappointed.

Since day one of riding I have felt amazing.  No pain, no discomfort and no limitations.  Today my body reminded me that I am no Spring chicken anymore.  Either that or it was hopefully just a random thing and I will feel better tomorrow.  I refuse to slow down!  I am having too much fun to do that.

The river was higher than usual, and some of the paths were closed to bike and foot traffic as they were flooded.  But a few little detours were no problem.

Packing the picnic.
 I was double checking my pack, and discovered I had a stow-away.  Garrett stuck a rubber snake in there to startle me.  He is such a stinker!  :)


 We found a new bridge to explore.
 This tunnel had a good 2 plus feet of standing water over flow from the river.  Blake and I went around...but Casey attempted to drive through it.  He got soaked!


 Of course Casey had cell phone in one hand and lunch in the other.




 Something is wrong with this picture?  No wonder I felt like I was riding in circles....lol
 Taking a little dip....Casey said "Mom it is so cold I can't feel my feet!"
 Blake:  "Mom it is so cold, I can't feel my butt!"
 A friend we met along the way.  Photo by Casey.
 Another great photo by Casey.
 And another beautiful day with my boys.  <3
Hope you all had a great weekend!  :)

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors