Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24, 2012

My 365...

It is a cold and rainy day here in Boise, with snow falling in the mountains.  I love this sort of weather every now and then.  It is great weather for snuggling up with a good book, or to watch a movie, but I miss riding my bike.  Hopefully we will have a break in the weather for a day or two so we can take a nice long ride.

I was watching Blake snuggled under the covers with Miss Lilly, watching some afternoon cartoons and I realized how grateful I am that he is home safe and unspoiled by the crazy drama that young people face today.  Don't get me wrong, he can be a stinker at times, and can cuss like a sailor...we are working on that...but he is young at heart.  Blake is so sweet and innocent.  He likes to act tough and like he is "all that", but truth be told he is happy watching "SpongeBob Squarepants" and Halloween movies on the Disney Channel.  He is not wrapped up in all the scary things I have seen other children his age being exposed to in school on a daily basis.  Sex, drugs, peer pressures, bullies and drama.  It is depressing to see how young these children are and the garbage they are being exposed to every single day.  They don't get to be children for very long at all.  Our children are being forced to grow up way too fast.

I can't even count the number of times we will be out on our bike rides and young girls are calling out to Blake.  "Hey you're cute!", "Hey little boy, can we have a hug?"  And these girls who are flirting with him are usually girls much older than he is!  It is crazy...and sad.  *sigh*

I am not so naive to believe that I can keep him wrapped up in a little bubble for the rest of his life, and he will go back to main stream school eventually because he needs the social interaction and development that are critical to all young minds.  Blake is one of the most social kids I know.  He makes friends so easily everywhere he goes, and all the children in the neighborhood love him.  However, I am very happy to be able to keep him safe and innocent for as long as I can.  And when I do send him out to face the world, he will be equipped with all the knowledge he needs to face life on his terms.

Happy Wednesday world.  :)

My Photos of the Day...

39°f, light rain, snow in the mountains...yep, we will be under the covers watching Spongebob if you need us. 



***Doggy Daily***

"Don't mind us mama, we are just waiting for a break in the weather."

Music I am listening to today...Golden State , All Roads Lead Home


Random Link of the Day...Roasted Pumpkin Sage Soup

The Daily V...
Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors