Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 11, 2012

My 365...

What a day this has been!

Blake woke up in a good mood, which meant that we were going to have a good school day.  We both stayed up a bit late last night playing Minecraft together, but we had so much defeating an awesome custom map called, "Curse of The Pumpkin Prince."

Tonight we conquer part 2.  Yay!

This afternoon while Blake was studying, I was arranging some things on my desk and he thought it would be funny to toss one of Cooper's tiny baby books at me.  As soon as he did, it hit one of my little treasures that is very important to me, and it broke.

*GASP*

I froze.  On the one hand I was FURIOUS, *&^%$#(*(*^%@#$%%!!!, on the other hand I kept thinking to myself...it is just a "thing...no big deal...stuff is just stuff... it is just a thing."

However, I am human so I looked at him with my "Oh my gawd mom is mad!" look, and asked him to walk out of the room and not say a word.  I needed a moment.

"JUST GO!"

~~~breathe in~~~breathe out~~~~breathe in~~~~breathe out~~~

Then with the help of Garrett, and a phone call from my nephew, who happened to call me just at that moment, I got over it.

"It is just a thing."

I called Blake back into the room and he was in tears.  "I am so sorry mom.  I thought it was plastic.  I was just trying to play a joke on you."

*Insert breaking heart here*

So I gave him a big hug and told him, "No worries honey, it is just a thing.  Not nearly as important to me as you are to me."

"Are you sure?"

"No, I am not sure...drop and give me 50!"  Grrrrrrrrrr!

LOL :)

"Of course I am sure."

Stuff is just stuff.  You can't take it with you when you die.  Family however is precious.  Blake, all of my children are precious to me.  A "thing" is certainly not worth breaking their heart over.  A messy room, leaving the toilet seat up, forgetting to take the trash out...just stuff.

Life is too precious to sweat the little things.

The End.

My photos of the day...

Lessons with Miss Lilly.


***Doggy Daily***


Music I am listening to today...Macklemore & Ryan Lewis , Wings

I am not a fan of rap music at all, but Garrett showed me this artist the other day and I really like him.  Unlike most rap artists, he has good messages in his music.  *Thumbs Up*


Random Link of the Day...Broccoli & Potato Nuggets

The Daily V..."If life gives you lemonade, make lemons.  Life will be all like....What?"  ~Phil Dunphy



Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors