Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010

My 365...

And today is a new day!  I woke up feeling a little like I had been run over by a train, however I am no worse for wear.  :)  The morning always brings new perspective and clarity.  If only one could hold on to that when the sun goes down.

It always helps to wake up to this gorgeous smile...


He brought me some pretty leaves, and a bright red apple to cheer me up.  It worked!



I look at his sweet face and find myself thinking, "please don't change Blake!"  Please don't change from the sweet loving considerate boy you are.  I am still trying to figure out what broke with Brandon.  Thank GOD Garrett has always remained true to himself, and close to this family as has Casey.  I can't imagine that ever changing.  However after this journey with Brandon it is not something I will ever take for granted again.

It was different with my daughter.  She had lived away from us for so many years, and I felt her slipping away a little more as each of those years passed by.  So many changes in her.  She would come home from college to visit and would always say that she hated this city, and it was not her home.  She was ready to leave five minutes after she was through the door.  I guess that made it easier for her to throw us away.  She was not comfortable at home anymore, and we always felt like we were walking on egg shells with her.  As much as I miss her, I do not miss the drama and the stress.  She lives for drama...we avoid it.  I hope she has found true happiness living away from her real family.  I know I did living away from my family, however I remained close to my mother even though we were 2000 miles apart.  I never lost sight of how precious my mother was.  We did not always agree on things, but I loved her with all my heart and she loved me.

Back to my Saturday.  It will be a day of rest and relaxation, movies and enjoying my boys.  :)

Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors