Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010

My 365...

It is a cold rainy day in my world today, but despite the weather, everything is so bright and beautiful.  The colors are brighter, the air smells sweet and amazing.  Definitely not a day to enjoy the great outdoors, but looking through every window in the house, it looks like a painting.  I love days like today.  They are the perfect days to snuggle up with a good book, or a game of monopoly with the boys and just chill.  And that is exactly what we plan on doing.  :)

 This is my favorite tree in the entire yard.  She is old, and you can tell she has seen at least 100 seasons, but she is still so beautiful.  I love this tree.  When it rains, it looks like she is crying.  No matter the season, her colors are the brightest on the block.  And this time of year, when she is changing her colors, she looks the most amazing of all.  So many different shades of green and yellow, she is stunning.

When I look at her, I think of the story "The Giving Tree", by Shel Silverstein.  It is about a tree who loved a boy.  Every day the boy would come to see her, and she would give him everything she had to give.  Her leaves to play with, her apples to sell, her limbs to swing from, her branches to build a home, her trunk to build a boat.  Everything that boy needed and wanted.  It is a beautiful story, one everyone should read.  To me it speaks volumes of the love from a mother.

We give and we give until we feel we have nothing left to give...but that is not true.  A mother never stops giving.  My mother is gone now, but I still feel her love and her guidance from heaven.  There is nothing more precious than a mother.

Until next time...

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors