Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013

My 365...

My civic duty lasted all of 30 minutes.  I had jury duty this morning, and I had been dreading it all week. "Do I have to?  Do I really really have to?"  I was up early so that I could ride my bike downtown.  I figured what the heck, may as well take advantage of an early morning ride since it has been too hot to ride all week.

The ride into town was almost 40 minutes.  I will say it was a delightful 40 minutes.  I checked in to the jury duty room, watched a short video about "My civic duty."  Then the judge walked in and said, "Hello everyone.  I have some good news and some bad news."  The bad news was that the defendant pleaded guilty so there would be no trial.  Really?  This is bad news?  And the good news was that we were not needed and would have the rest of the day off.  Yippee! Yes, this is good news.  It was that easy.  This jury duty gig is not such a bad thing after all.  As I was leaving, a nice lady asked me if I needed my parking validated.  "No thank you, I rode my bike."  She replied with a "Wow!  Good for you!"  Yep...good for me.  :)

Tomorrow is Cooper and Penny day, so I will get to enjoy a visit with my precious grandchildren.  Yay!

Hope you had a great day planet!

 I stopped in at the rose garden on my way home.
 These high, dry Boise temperatures have been doing quite a number on the roses.

 But they are still beautiful.


 Total ride...10.62 miles.

***Doggy Daily***

Music I am listening to today...Dave Matthews Band , So Much To Say


Random Link of the Day...Peach Cobbler

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors