Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28, 2013

My 365...

My days are so quiet now.  Not that I am complaining or anything...well, maybe I am complaining a little bit.  It is nice to start the day early, 7:30AM, and enjoy some breakfast with Blake before he leaves for school.  After he is gone, the house is so quiet, you can hear a pin drop.  I will get used to this, and it will be awesome...eventually.  As long as Blake is happy, that is all that matters to me.

I made myself a long "To-Do" list before I went to bed last night of everything I needed to accompish today. I am happy to report that I did just that...every single item on my list is checked!

I also got a call from the maxillofacial surgeon that will be doing Casey's jaw surgery.  He will be going in on October 4th for a planning appointment, then we will be scheduling his surgery for December. Thinking back, I was 19 when I had the same surgery done.  It was also December, between the fall and spring semester of college.  I had my lower jaw broken, and moved back to correct an under bite, then had my jaws wired closed for weeks.  Casey's surgery will be far more complicated as they need to move the lower jaw back and the upper jaw forward.  It will be one heck of a surgical procedure, but I am confident in his surgeon.  Casey will do great.  I am SO amazed at how perfectly aligned all of his teeth are.  Between the palate expander, and his braces, they have done an amazing job.  He is so handsome.  :)

Blake had a good day at school today as well...however...he was 2 and a half hours late getting home after school.  "What?"  Yep..."Dude, you are grounded."  Well you see, his new friend had a flat tire so he had to help him after school..then...then.....  "Uh-huh."  He will learn.  Might be the hard way, but he will learn.  Silly Bake.

The The Spirit of Boise is this week. That really snuck up on me.  We will definitely be attending the Night Glow on Friday, and the main launches on Saturday and Sunday morning.  This is my favorite event of the year.  Watching the hot air balloons being set up, and watching them take flight is amazing. I am so excited!!

That is all for today, hope you have a great evening planet.  :)

I set up a new study corner for Blake.  Notice his computer is not on the desk?  I don't want him to have any distractions while he is working on his homework.  Yes I know, I am still the home school teacher.  Although tonight Blake told me...

"Mom. chill, you are no longer my teacher."

"Dude, I will ALWAYS be your teacher!"

***Doggy Daily***
Miss Lilly claimed her spot under Blake's desk.

"I am the teacher's pet mama.  Get it?  Teacher's pet?  Hahahaha, I slay me."

Music I am listening to today...Yiruma, River Flows in You.


Random Link of the Day..Eggplant Burgers

The Daily V...


Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Visitors