Friday, September 16, 2011

September 16, 2011

My 365...

Happy Friday :)

Do you think it is really possible to be a mind reader?  I don't.  My husband does.  He has an internal list of expectations that are required by all humans in his world in order for you to remain in his good graces.  No taking the time to sit down and discuss the rules, and work together to create a harmonious co-existence in his world.  No, that would be too easy.  Instead one is required to crawl up his...uhmmmm... posterior, and read that incredible mind of his.

I say...."poppy cock!"  And all that implies.

You see world, communication is the key to peace.  It truly is.

The last time I had my son and his honey living with me, the mentality I mention above is what destroyed our relationship.  Things would not go according to my perception of correct, and I would pretend all was well until one day I exploded and the proverbial poop hit the fan as they say.

This too was the ultimate demise of my relationship with my daughter.  Scenarios would play out in her mind and heart before the first word was even spoken, and by the time we could talk it out, I had already been through "judge, jury and sentencing", with no chance of atonement for sins I had committed in her mind only.  That made them real.

Like father...like daughter.

Now please, I am not saying I have a terrible husband or daughter by any stretch of the imagination, I am simply saying this is the way she, her father, and entirely too many human beings on this planet...operate.  I have been there done that myself, and I am telling you...IT DOES NOT WORK!  Not even a little bit.

I will not behave this way.  No, never again.

Dear world, people are different.  Plain and simple.  We all have our own way of thinking, living...doing things.  What works for me may not work for you.  This may come as a shocking surprise, but no two people are the same.  If I see something that I do not like, I will not get angry because that is assuming that every other person on this planet has a keen ability to read my mind.  I am not so self-absorbed to believe that is even remotely possible.  So what to do?  Talk about it.  Say things like..."You know honey, I would really love it if you could do things this way.  Would that be okay with you?"  Then WAIT for an answer.  "Get some input!"  Work on an amicable solution.  Then we know what each other expects, and if we care and respect each other.  We will go out of our way to make it so.

See how easy that is?

Amazing!!  Such a simple solution to life's everyday situations.

Communication is the key.  :)

My photos of the day...

Last night Amber baked some zucchini bread.  Keeping mama's diabetes in mind, she altered the recipe using whole wheat and substituting the sugar with apple sauce.  One word...AMAZING!

"Thank you Amber it was delicious!"


Color my world.  Photo by Casey.

 *** Doggy Daily ***
"Mama, may I have a word with you?"

"Yes Lilly?"

"This whole "sexy bandana on a dog thing" isn't working for me."

"Agreed."

Music I am listening to today...Vanessa Carlton.




Random Link of the Day...Sun Halo.

Until next time..."If I could read your mind, I would be making 6 figures doing my own show in Vegas.  Just saying..."

Have an awesome weekend everyone!  And remember....communication is the key.  <3

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors