Saturday, February 18, 2012

February 18, 2012

My 365...

Do you measure your success in life only by the victories? 

What is a victory?  Finishing the race in first place?  Or standing at the starting line and taking that initial leap of faith? 

It does not matter to me if I finish first, second or last.  What matters to me is that I had the courage to start the race. 

Life is the "amazing" race.  Everyone jockeying for first position...for that trophy and recognition at the finish line.  "The first one there claims the glorious victory!" 

The first one there might be the victor, but for them the race is over.  I don't want to be so determined to pick up a trophy that I fail to experience the journey along the way.  I would rather stop to smell the roses.  My victory has already been realized.  I had the courage to start the race.  And now every step along the way is my victory...who needs a trophy?

I have the courage and the strength to be the woman I want to be...

I have the courage to be someone's wife...

I have the courage to be someone's mom...

I have the courage to stand back up, brush myself off, and continue on if I stumble and fall.

I have the courage to finish what I started and never surrender.  Not ever give up.

So what is left?

Be the woman, wife, mother, grandmother, who takes every single little step with the strength and pride that comes with knowing that I had the courage to stand at the starting line in the first place, and I have the determination to see it through.  The courage to do my very best along the way.  And the strength not to let the stumbles and falls take me off course.

Yay me! 

Yay you!

Seeing Brandon and Cooper yesterday was wonderful.  When I opened the front door, and saw sweet little Cooper standing there, he looked a little apprehensive.  Then Blake and I said "Coopy!" and he looked at us, gave us the biggest smile and came running in squealing with joy!

After dinner I went to my room and Cooper ran over to my chair, crawled up on to my lap and wanted nothing more than to sit with grandma for a while.  I spoiled him with love and kisses.  <3  Now that my friends....is a glorious victory!

My photos of the day...

Eldest son Garrett.  He is one who thoroughly enjoys life.  He has the strength and stamina to finish every race in first place...but he would slow his pace just to be sure all those he loves are running strong and not stumbling.  I love you son.  :)

A cutting from my mother's ivy...still growing strong.  :)
 ***Doggy Daily***

"We are in no hurry to cross the finish line mama."

"We will wait as long is it takes for you to drop that hot dog...."
Dozer and the Diva.

Music I am listening to today...One Republic

Random Link of the Day...So cute!

Until next time..."If plan "A" fails, remember you have 25 letters left."

Peace.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors