Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 12, 2012

My 365...

Hello Sunday.  :)

It is days like to today that remind me why I made the incredibly impulsive decision to move my family from Texas to Idaho over 15 years ago.  The sky is a gorgeous clear blue, 48 degrees of cool, and the air so sweet and clean.  That is my Idaho.

Growing up in San Antonio Texas, I always swore that I would never leave.  San Antonio is a great city.  So much history, cultural diversity and a lot to see and do...not to mention the food is amazing!  But in San Antonio you have two seasons...Summer, and sort of Summer.  The population of San Antonio, over 1,300,000 people.  The population of the "entire" state of Idaho, 1,500,000 people.

I flew here to Boise in February of 1996 for business, and the micro second I stepped off the plane I thought "wow" I did not know air could smell so sweet and clean.  No humidity at all, and the most remarkable blue skies I had ever seen.

There are four distinct seasons here, Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, all presenting incredible seasonal colors and climate.  Summer heat only lasts 6 to 8 weeks.  In a word, the weather is perfect.  SO perfect!

I flew back to San Antonio and said..."Family, pack your things we are relocating to Idaho!"  And just like that, we were here.  Not once did my husband look at me and say, "Veronica, you are out of your mind!"  Instead he looked at me and said...."sounds good to me."

As a child it was my dream to live in Washington state.  I did not quite make it to Washington, but Idaho is even better.  It is not miles and miles of flat potato country like one may think.  Idaho is a gem of a state...literally.  Mountains, pristine "white water" rivers, canyons, pine forests as far as the eye can see...and the sweetest, cleanest oxygen on the planet.

Other than missing my mom, dad, sisters and their families, moving here to the great Northwest has been the best decision I have ever made.

Idaho, we LOVE it here.  <3

My motto has always been, "You have to jump, then build your wings on the way down." 

That is the way I have lived my life, and I could not fathom it any other way.

"Here is to flying!"

Family dinner was delicious.  Jack baked some chicken with potatoes, celery, onion and carrots, made some yummy steamed buttered asparagus, and garlic bread.  :)

My Photos of the Day...

I discovered this beautiful patch of bright yellow flowers growing under the den window in the front of the house.  When I first saw them, I thought someone stuck a bouquet of plastic flowers in the ground.  They are that perfect.


Casey climbed up on the roof of the house and took these amazing shots of our beautiful foothills...
 You can see all of his beautiful pictures HERE.  *click*

***Doggy Daily***

Casey also took these pictures of his best friend, Ducati.


Music I am listening to today...Whitney Houston,
Despite all the negative talk regarding her demons and problems, there is NO denying that hers was the most brilliant and memorable voice in the history of music.  May she rest in peace.  <3

Random Link of the Day...Visit Idaho!  I will leave the porch light on.  ;)

Until next time...
Peace.


Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors