What an incredible October this has been. I have learned so much this month.
1. God (or nature if you are not God inclined) gives us one life, one heart, one body, one chance to get it right...do not waste a single micro-second of a single day not knowing, loving and appreciating that fact.
2. I have...the most amazing family in the world. A husband who, although I do not completely understand and he drives me insane 90% of the time, is a great provider. Four of the most amazing, loving, creative, funny and epic sons in the world. The cutest, smartest most cuddly grandson in the world. Two young women who are part of our family, Kori and Amber who are good people and I love them. And an aunt who loves and prays for me every day. What more could I possibly want?
3. I have a daughter who is missing out on all of the above. And although I love her with all my heart, I can not help but feel sorry her. She does not get to enjoy the awesome family that is us!
5. I have earned the right to be ME! And quite frankly, I really like me. :)
6. It makes much more sense being honest and real about life. Anything else is a waste of time.
7. Speaking of time...back to number 1 see above, don't waste it! *bazinga*
Welcome November...we are ready for you!
If you take life for granted, you will miss the details.
I asked Blake if he wanted to go Trick-o-Treating tonight. Up until today it was "Naw...that is boring." This afternoon it was a resounding "Yes! Duh mom, free candy." :)
"What are you going to dress up as?"
"I will figure something out."
No need to purchase a brand new shiny costume as Blake saves all of his old ones. May I present.....Blake the "almost" teenage sk8ter grim reaper dude with an epic vampire cape of doom. How cool is he? I would say "way" epic cool! I am happy because it is going to be 35 degrees tonight and I won't have to worry about frostbitten extremities.
Casey will throw together a last minute Halloween costume of epic-ness as well. It should be a fun night! For his trick today...he switched the nobs on the dryer and we could not figure out how to start it. LOL.
And for baby Cooper's first Halloween...how do you dress a baby warm enough for a freezing night? You put him in a Christmas stocking!
"I am not sure what all of this is grandma, but it looks like fun!"
My photos of the day...
Blake attending his morning math class with Miss Lilly.
"What will you be for Halloween Miss Lilly? You look a bit like Little Red Riding Hood's sweet grandmother."
Music I am listening to today...Tracy Chapman
Random Link of the Day...Happy Halloween!
Until next time..."There is no greater gift than waking up every morning feeling 99.999% inspired about life. Yep, that is me."
Be safe tonight!
I had a great day with my eldest son Garrett and his girlfriend Kori. We went to tour the historical Idaho State Penitentiary, and then they took me out for delicious sandwiches. I really enjoyed their company. <3
The Penitentiary was very interesting. I took so many pictures, it is hard to pick just a few for the blog. Along with the prison itself, there is also a very cool historic weapons museum.
Here are the pictures I took of all the historic weapons. Son Casey is a historical weapons buff, and he was able to name every weapon in these photos!
|Idaho State Penitentiary Arms Exhibit|
I also took pictures of death row, and the execution room. Back then it was execution by hanging, so sad, but I won't post those pictures. *shivers* That would be weird. :P
The entire property is said to have a lot of paranormal activity, but thank goodness I did not experience anything out of the ordinary. It was featured on the Travel Channel's program Ghost Adventures.
Click here for video.
It was such a beautiful day outside, and there are roses all over the property. Quite the stark contrast to the setting itself.
When we got home I took grandson Cooper outside to take some pictures with the pumpkin Blake and I carved yesterday. He was more interested in crawling all over the lawn than the pumpkin until he realized the top came off. Then he wanted to eat all the pumpkin goodness inside.
Music I am listening to today...Lifehouse
Random Link of the Day...Bubbles
Until next time..."This was an amazing weekend, here is hoping for an equally epic week ahead."
Have a great Monday!
Welcome to Mommy plus Five
I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and three beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.
This is year number five of My 365 project. Taking a photo a day for 365 days.
Thank you for stopping by! :)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (124)
- 2014 (288)
- 2013 (398)
- 2012 (514)
- Goodbye October!
- October 31, 2011
- October 30, 2011
- October 29, 2011
- October 28, 2011
- October 27, 2011
- October 26, 2011
- October 25, 2011
- October 24, 2011
- October 23, 2011
- October 22, 2011
- October 21, 2011
- October 20, 2011
- October 19, 2011
- October 18, 2011
- October 17, 2011
- October 16, 2011
- October 15, 2011
- October 14, 2011
- October 13, 2011
- October 12, 2011
- October 11, 2011
- October10, 2011
- October 9, 2011
- October 8, 2011
- October 7, 2011
- October 6, 2011
- October 5, 2011
- October 4, 2011
- October 3, 2011
- Tasty Surprise
- October 2, 2011
- October 1, 2011
- 2010 (870)
- 2009 (8)