Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 6, 2011

My 365...

Another rainy chilly day in Boise Idaho.   So chilly in fact that I had to turn the heater on for a little while this afternoon. 

I was reflecting on all the news stories, Facebook posts and Tweets regarding the death of Steve Jobs.  His untimely death has saddened an entire world, myself included.  The boys were teasing me because they found it odd that I was so upset over the death of someone I did not even know. "Why mom?"

I consider myself to be a ridiculous techno geek.  I have worked in the computer industry for the past 18 years, and if you came up to me and asked....

"Veronica, box number 1 has the keys to a brand new luxury car with all the bells and whistles.  Box number 2, a brand new top of the line iMac.  Which one would you like?"

"I will take box number 2!"  Well...a new car would be nice.  :)

Technology has been my business, my hobby, my leisure time...my everything for so long.  Steve Jobs represented all that was innovative, creative, futuristic and exciting about the technology world, so of course I am sad that he is gone.

I am always looking for inspiration, and Steve Jobs inspired.  He beat all the odds in dealing with his illness because he was always looking to tomorrow.  Always thinking about what comes next.  Passion for what he did kept him going.  That is inspiration. 

I was watching his interview with Brian Williams from 2006, and in this interview he was asked what he thought of his contribution to the world? 

Brian Williams: "Where do you fit in the American family of thinkers and inventors when you see a mouse in public, when you see a click, drag, garbage can logo, all the things you had a hand in that are part of our daily lives, how do you view yourself and your achievements?"

Steve Jobs: "You know, I don't really think that way.  I am a private person and when I think of the most valuable things in my life, I think of my family. And when we talk about our work, you know, the people I work with and myself, when we finish doing something that we're really proud of, we want to get onto the next thing.  So I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful and not dwell on it for too long. just figure out what's next."

Thank you Steve Jobs for inspiring me.  :)

My photo of the day...

More rain.

 *** Doggy Daily ***

"Comfy there Ducati?"

Music I am listening to today...Aaron Barnhart








Random Link of the Day...As you get older...

Until next time..."Celebrate today what you have accomplished, and look forward to tomorrow and what comes next."

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors