Sunday, October 23, 2011

October 23, 2011

My 365...

Today I went on my daily walking adventure and discovered that I am a lot stronger than I give myself credit for.  As we set off down the street I decided instead of taking my usual walk, I was in the mood for a hike up the hills.

Jack and Blake looked at me funny..."Are you sure mama?"

"Yes, I am sure!  I can do this!"  (I hope!)

 So we headed for the hills....
It was a perfect and cool evening.
 "Sure I can do this...with the help of a 150 pound dog to keep me steady and a ski pole."  :)
It is so beautiful up there. 
 Halfway up I was getting a little nervous.  "Come on mama, you can do this!"
 The view from the top was amazing.  You can see the Owyhee Mountains in the distance.
 The sun was setting so now came the hard part....getting down!
Okay I made it to the top, now how in the heck am I going to get down without falling and breaking every bone in my body?
"No worries mom, we can do this!"
 I think even the sunset had faith in me....and I did it!  Slow and steady...one careful step at a time...but I did it!  "Hey mom, this is for us!"  <3
I am really proud of myself.

Before I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, I led a very active life.  Soon I found myself afraid to over exert my joints because I knew it would take days to recover.  With the latest RA treatments, I am on day two of good exercise and I feel great.  Thank you Enbrel and Celebrex!  Sure I am moving a little slowly...but I am still moving!  Hopefully I can say the same in the morning.  :)  I wish my mother could have enjoyed the benefits of good early treatments.  I am very blessed.

I told the boys that although today was awesome, tomorrow we stay on the street. I need a few days to be sure my joints are okay before I am ready to tackle the hills again.

It is awesome feeling a little more like me again.  :)

Garrett and Kori stopped by to say hello.  Another perfect weekend! 

*** Doggy Daily ***
The greatest hiking buddies in the world.
Dozer and the Diva, Miss Lilly.
Music I am listening to today...Matt Nathanson






Random Link of the Day...Glass Beach

Until next time..."Move on, it is just a chapter of the past.  Don't close the book...just turn the page."

Have a great Monday!
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Love,

0 comments:

Welcome to Mommy plus Five

I am a work from home mom of five amazing children, and five beautiful grandchildren. Enjoying my 50's and all that life has to offer.

Time to start a new 365.

Thank you for stopping by! :)


http://veronicagraphics.com

Networked Blogs

Visitors

Our Dogs

#1 dog site for dogs & bipeds!

Blog Archive

Visitors